Four working days left....

rogers1

Four working days left....

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:53 pm

My last day at work is Thursday 12th March.

I am doing a full two days this weekend to earn my Level1 angling coach qualification, which will enable me to assist L2/3 coaches to deliver training to kids and disabled folk in the art of the angle.

It's forty two years since I started work and I'm fortunate enough to not have to work when I retire, but I'm choosing to do so.

My phone has also been going ding dong with requests for my services as an access machine driver to carry out pigeon proofing and also do some pest control shooting.
Just last night I was asked to provide a means of removing roe from a 200 acre fenced site not too far from me.... Happy days! (I have a good shooter lined up, venison beckons)

Get paid for the odd day fishing and shooting? You Bet!
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....

no avatar
Outandabout

Re: Four working days left....

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:59 pm

This is what retirement should be like . Happy and contented. ENJOY IT ALL. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Good luck
Kevin

Blackbaronfish

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:06 pm

There have been too many that have kicked the bucket as soon as they retire :o Mostly due to the fact that they go from working their nuts off to nothing. You need to slow down and unwind slowly.
i wish you only the best Roger and can see your looking forward to the life change 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Timmytree

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:There have been too many that have kicked the bucket as soon as they retire :o Mostly due to the fact that they go from working their nuts off to nothing. You need to slow down and unwind slowly.
i wish you only the best Rogering and can see your looking forward to the life change 8-)

BBF

:mrgreen:

Blackbaronfish

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:42 pm

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Geordie

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Enjoy it Duncs , sounds like you thoroughly deserve it mate 8-)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:16 pm

enjoy your free time mate :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:51 pm

I am soooooooooo pleased for you, Duncan. I will track you down and come and sink a couple of pints with you sometime soon. That is a promise ..... not a threat :D
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

rogers1

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:22 pm

Raj wrote:I am soooooooooo pleased for you, Duncan. I will track you down and come and sink a couple of pints with you sometime soon. That is a promise ..... not a threat :D

You will be welcome mate!

I have just finished my pre course paperwork for the weekends evolution...

Off to my scratcher for an early rise.

And if you don't already know it, there will be a drop of Highland Park to go with the pints..
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....

no avatar
zingpow

Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:53 am

I'm doing the math here and something isn't right...you worked for 42 years and you're retiring...that means you broke some child labor laws 42 years ago and you're retiring early...you must have started your job when you were 7 being as you're only 49 now...personally i haven't aged since I was 16...I've slowed down a bit but inside still beats the heart of a kid that runs wild in the woodlands much as he did 50 years ago but my digestive system isn't what it used to be so my forays into the unexplored territories are somewhat limited in scope and magnitude...

the best to you Duncan...I have a great sling shot design I've been working on these past few decades, let me know if you are hunting red deer and i'll send it along to you...you must surely have some old airgun springs in a drawer some where...zing of the ages...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money