try to respond without using profanity...

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: try to respond without using profanity...

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:32 pm

We Britishers do eccentricity better than anybody else in the world. We also consist genetically of a scary mixture of invading mobs which is why we have always punched well above our weight. We joined the EU as part of a trading agreement and from that day on we seemed to gain a little flab and slowed down. Now the EU seems to have become a modern communist state with most of its income coming from Britain and Germany we're a bit sick of subsidising our neighbours who can't be bothered to work.
Obama really angered most Brits with his empty, ill timed and ridiculous threat over trade agreements.
We will be fine, we always were and we're still great innovators and manufacturers, I only hope America sees sense and reboots after the elections. I've never known a time when "In God We Trust" was more appropriate.

:D
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
zingpow

Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:52 pm

i could say I wish I knew more about the intricate workings of global politics but it would not be entirely accurate. My only point here was to have a laugh at mr trump's expense. He is an idiot in billionare's clothing. I feel that his very campaign is a negative spotlight on our country and system of government. Reasonable mainstream republicans are shunning him in ever increasing numbers for his views and outlandish statements. I have only cut and pasted a few times in all the years I've been on this and other forums, but take a glance at this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/po ... inton.html

This lady is a REPUBLICAN and has been all her life...zp...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
Mason

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Hillary reminds me of the girl who played with matches in Struwwelpeter. Her eyes seem to have a delightful glint to them when she talks of nuclear weapons. She will say whatever the electorate needs to hear to secure a vote for her, as do most politicians, and switches between running with the fox and hunting with the hounds whenever it suits the current trend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EGBOMv ... fQ&index=1

Regarding Trump, I don't know whether he genuinely wants to be President or his Republican nomination and the build up to it was designed to send the GOP into disarray to clear the path for Clinton, as his campaigning now, seems to lack its original fervour.
Still it is up to the American people to decide, spoilt for choice doesn't come to mind.

no avatar
zingpow

Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:38 pm

mason, i disagree with you about hillary but couldn't agree with you more about trump's motivations...the republican party used and abused him on more than one occasion and it's coming home to roost...time will tell...zp...

no avatar
Brooksy

Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:18 pm

I bet Hillary won't get oral sex at work!

:oops:
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

no avatar
zingpow

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:43 pm

Brooksy wrote:I bet Hillary won't get oral sex at work!

:oops:

every comedian over here has been over that believe me, along with possible providers of said acts, and the list is long and hilarious...bill mahr said bill clinton's speech literally moved him to tears and that perhaps hillary might indulge him for the first time in a long time...funny stuff...zp...

no avatar
air gun

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:47 pm

I don't know much of anything about politics or what brexit really means. but the people that campaigned for us to leave talked about health care. schooling. immigration and the important stuff the average person cares most about. the people that campaigned for us to stay talked about how its bad for business. I think that tells you all you need to know tbh.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Raj

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:53 am

But Mr.Air Gun ............... If Business is bad >> Recession >> Cut backs on Healthcare, Education, Policing and all the important stuff the average person cares most about ............ No?
Sorry, I am in a winding-up mood this morning :twisted:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:04 am

I think we will have more problems than a bit of a slowdown if Donald Guff gets in the White House. He asked his advisors THREE times 'If we have nuclear weapons why cant we use them?'

Anyway why is a no-growth economy so bad? I didnt do economics so I dont know, but growth year on year always seems unsustainable to me (as a bit of a 60's hippy).
If you have 1 grain of rice on the first square of a chess board, then 2 on the next, then 4, 8, 16, 32 etc thats unsustainable growth way before the end of the chessboard.

no avatar
Brooksy

Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:29 pm

And why do house prices have to keep rising? If my house is 'worth' 250k, I won't see the money unless I sell it to live in a tent.
All we're going to end up with is the local Squire owning everything and renting it out to the poor, but that's how Conservatives prefer it isn't it?