The NHS

no avatar
gary martin

Re: The NHS

Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Tim, so sorry to hear your news. I hope all goes well and Morgan has a full recovery, thoughts are with you.
Gary.

no avatar
Outandabout

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:26 pm

So Sorry to hear about this tim. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.
I have used our NHS on numerous occasions and have yet to find any of the front line staff lacking in anyway shape or form.
What a very brave statement about the driver most people would be blaming him and calling for him to be banned/locked up etc.
I salute your honesty sir
Kevin

no avatar
ajg40

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:22 pm

So sorry to hear your news.
Best wishes for a full recovery for Morgan
Anthony

Timmytree

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Thank you for all the PMs and good wishes, Morgan is showing definite signs of improvement tonight although still confused and in some pain. Hopefully he will continue to improve slowly but surely.
Thanks everyone.

james79

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:38 pm

That is truly horrible news. Speaking as a father of a 4 year old with another on the way I honestly can't imagine what you're going through. All I can say is that I wish Morgan (and your good self) all the best and by virtue of having friends and family working in hospitals I can assure you that whatever you think of the nhs as a whole the staff are up there with the best and your lads best interests will be first and foremost in their minds. Once again all the best and thoughts are with you
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

Timmytree

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks James, I can honestly say that that phonecall saying your child is stretched out on the road next to a lorry and the helicopter is there was the worst heartstopping moment I have ever had. I can't remember the next 3 or 4 hours but somehow I made it home and then up to Bristol without being a statistic myself. Until seeing an improvement tonight it has been the worst 50+ hours of my life. I never, ever want to experience those feelings again.

Timmytree

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:45 pm

Outandabout wrote:So Sorry to hear about this tim. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.
I have used our NHS on numerous occasions and have yet to find any of the front line staff lacking in anyway shape or form.
What a very brave statement about the driver most people would be blaming him and calling for him to be banned/locked up etc.
I salute your honesty sir
Kevin

Thanks Kevin,
Most peoples initial reaction is to automatically blame the driver. However, people I talked to confirmed he was driving sensibly and probably below the 30mph limit, the police intimated the same although they were doing a full investigation of the scene and the vehicle and wouldn't commit to anything. If there is any blame I believe it's down to an unattended 11 year old crossing the road while looking at his phone. A tragic accident that has hurt a little boy physically and quite a few people mentally including the driver, he will have felt as bad as any of us. The full facts will come out eventually but right now Morgans recovery is the most important thing.

no avatar
Aitch

Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:41 am

My thoughts and best wishes are with you, your family and, especially with Morgan
Regards
Ian

no avatar
Outandabout

Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Timmy wrote
If there is any blame I believe it's down to an unattended 11 year old crossing the road while looking at his Phone.

Sorry timmy I think the sentece should be " if there is any blame its down to an 11 year old crossing the road while looking at his phone". A lapse of concentration can happen anybody, even when accompanied.

Kevin

Raj

Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Sorry to hear this, Tim. Hope he is back to normal soon.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"