this is how a forum should be

raygun

Re: this is how a forum should be

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:22 pm

If the old Board can be rescued then a lot of the info will be recovered. It isn't easy to replace info built up over a number of years.

Bit puzzled by this Board is better than the old one though. Mostly it's the same members :lol:

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
zingpow

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:38 pm

well let me put it this way...if we knew we were going to live in the wasteland of a nuclear war or some calamity involving an asteroid and the last days on earth for mankind i would hope that if i make it and could pick a few to be here with me it would be you guys...while I've never met any of you I'm sure you'd make easy targets and (if not exposed to too much radiation) would filet up nicely for stir frying or jerky (notice how i didn't make any low brow puns about you guys making good jerky cause you're jerks and like that)...

plus if you made it a few of your women folk will have made it as well and there's nothing like meeting new lady friends in dire circumstances, especially when their men are being systematically eliminated to make more room for the new order (i can walk mine fuhrer)...zing Strangelove...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

no avatar
Bullingdon

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:04 pm

I have to say that I find myself agreeing with the sentiments of Edward, it is rather refreshing to find a forum of exchange (particularly where the topic centres around air guns) bereft of foul language, illiteracy, ignorance, posturing and the like. I rather doubt that I shall have much to contribute but, nevertheless wish the collective membership all the very best, most particularly with the upholding of standards.

A very good evening to you.

Aye

no avatar
zingpow

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:11 pm

oops, pardon me if I farted...here, pull my finger...uncle zing...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

Timmytree

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Bullingdon wrote:I have to say that I find myself agreeing with the sentiments of Edward, it is rather refreshing to find a forum of exchange (particularly where the topic centres around air guns) bereft of foul language, illiteracy, ignorance, posturing and the like. I rather doubt that I shall have much to contribute but, nevertheless wish the collective membership all the very best, most particularly with the upholding of standards.

A very good evening to you.

Aye

That normally appears when certain mods/admin have indulged in a few shandies on a Friday night. If they give you any grief I'll send you some photos to prove what unsavoury characters they can be. ;)

no avatar
chris58b

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Timmytree wrote:
Geordie wrote:We lost a ton of data on the old forum. Admin/members have a lot of work to put in to get it anywhere near the old forum IMO.
Bit early to be drawing comparisons I think.

Give this place 12 months or so, then we'll see where it's at. 8-)

The loss of all that info is the saddest part, it will take a long time to build up all the technical stuff, recipes and so on but it will happen eventually.
I did wonder about getting it started by doing a complete pictorial strip and rebuild on the Prosport, get Raj to do one on the S200, someone to do the 400 series and so on. Any volunteers?

Go on Timmytree, get the technical ball rolling :-)
Guns had = Webley Tracker , TX 200 HC , Fenman , Rapid 7 ,Rapid 17 FT, Daystate Hunsman FTR , Ripley AR5 S , Ripley AR4 Cougar,
Gun got = AA Pro-Sport .177 (blueprinted with a tiger stripe Walnut stock), AA FTP 900.

Raj

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Raj wrote:NOBODY SHOUTS EITHER .... :)

My post has been edited by those pesky mods :lol: :lol: :lol: It was in the tiny font and all in lower case :shock:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:09 pm

eddie666 wrote:just to say this new forum club is how a forum should be , HAS ANY ONE ELSE NOTICED

NO, HAVING A GO AT PEOPLE
NO , SMARMY COMMENTS
NO, PUTTING PEOPLE DOWN
NO, GANGING UP ON PEOPLES VIEWS
LOTS OF HELPFUL FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND COMMENTS.

A VERY NICE PLACE TO BE , THANKS TO YOU ALL , SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT WAS HAPPENING ON THE OLD FORUM.

THANKS AGAIN EDDIE666

this sounds nothing like the old aaoc I don't know how you can pass judgement on the old aaoc when you`ve barely been a member for 2 minutes......before you say I`m having a go,being smarmy,or putting you down I`m not I`m also not looking for a row I just think we must be reading a different forum
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

eddie666

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 pm

you do not need to be a member for a long time to know how you feel about the forum you have joined .

like you said i was very new on the old forum , maybe thats what newbies have to go through with some older members ,
so if you as a older member say it was never like that then , you must be right,

but now we have all started again at the start of this new forum , i can say ,i have not see any of the bad things on this forum so far.

is it so wrong , to say how nice this new forum is ,
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgv comp ultra 1.77 2014
walther lgu .22 2014

raygun

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:05 pm

eddie666 wrote:is it so wrong , to say how nice this new forum is ,

Not at all Eddie.

It has to be good to hear that, not only for Admin/Mods but also for all members. It shows things have not changed that much.

It may have come across as a bit odd for us longer established members because we always thought that the AAOC was good.

ATB
Ray.