Snow in america

no avatar
zippy

Snow in america

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:32 pm

They have been on about the Snow today on the radio in New York and other places in America, yes! indeed it is canny bad...
Mind you, I have to say I'm very impressed the way the Americans dealt with this incredible snow fall. The snow fell one day and In New York they had the roads cleared and the City up and running in one day... incredible. I take my hat off to the road services and team work... the New yorker's just got on with it, and sorted it out... team work.

Had this happen here in England the country would still be at a stand still... :lol:. if someone leaves a freezer door open Heathrow Airport would be closed for 2 weeks.... :lol: It would seem us Brits are prepared for nothing we wait till an accident happens or something to breakdown instead of trying to prevent it form happening... :lol:
Workmen come to your house to fix something and don't have the correct tools or parts for the job. nothing gets repaired in this country a street light has been out for 6,months in our village and this is just changing a bulb... most likely take 5 workmen to do it,,,, along with a load of safety people.

In our local train station a ticket machine has been out of order now for almost a month it is Laughable... or pathetic.
as we know all the stories regarding why trains are late... the wrong type of Snow on the track or the wrong type of leaves... we can't even run train on time.
In India the trains have no glass in the windows, there are chickens and larma's running around inside the carriage,,, they are falling apart, it is a poor county... but the trains still run on time.... :lol: Shops never seem to have what you want in stock, you have to wait 3,months to get sofa made... :lol:

What? has happened too this once great country called England... :( We make excuses for bad workmanship and bad services.
Last edited by zippy on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Raj

Re: Snow in america

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:53 pm

zippy wrote:What? has happened too this once great country called England... :(

I blame it on the Indian doctors, mate. You go in for a headache or common cold and they practice brain surgery on you for a laugh .... bloody foreigners :lol:

Oh, and I have been working for the Railways this last year ... We are just importing some technicians from there to fix a few of our problems :oops:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
wastrel

Re: Snow in america

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 pm

two things happened to this country, tories privatised everything they could & the ambulance chasing lawyers who`ve made all our lives a bloody misery by companies needing eye watering insurance!
young lad on a site a few months ago, wearing gloves & using a cordless drill was putting in a screw when it caught the finger of the glove & genuinely wrenched his finger, it was badly swollen so-got sent home, told to put ice on it & return when he felt fit enough, no biggy right?
3 days later his lawyer contacted the company to ask who`d supplied the gloves! company admitted they`d supplied all PPE, lawyer then asks ahem
"who showed the lad how to put the gloves on?"
the company asked him if he was seriously gonna go to court with THAT as their gripe, lawyer said it was just one of the points he`d raise in court, lad gets £2700 & the company simply paid out & admitted they`ll pay out under 30K themselves cos the insurance premium just isn`t worth the hike for anything below 30k.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member