References for game cookery

no avatar
Bullingdon

References for game cookery

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:17 pm

One is really not quite sure if this is the correct place for this enquiry but, nonetheless here goes;
Finding ourselves with a veritable and continuing surfeit of both wild rabbit and wood pigeon I would like to garner recommendations for contemporary recipe books / works of reference applicable to said game. The larder library is well stocked with the old classics but, is there anything more inspirational / applicable to the more modern kitchen?.
Thanking you in advance and with due apologies if the enquiry does not really rest well here.

Aye

Timmytree

Re: References for game cookery

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:36 pm

The old forum had a plethora of marvellous recipes, hopefully it will return soon!

Raj

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:28 am

Timmytree wrote:The old forum had a plethora of marvellous recipes, hopefully it will return soon!

Don't Timmy ... You are making me cry :cry: :cry:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Bullingdon

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:28 am

Timmytree wrote:The old forum had a plethora of marvellous recipes, hopefully it will return soon!

Thank you most kindly for taking the time to reply, I shall await with interest the return of the "old forum" which you quote and in the interim take pot luck with what Amazon may have to recommend.
I trust that your colonial acquaintance shall not be sad for too long.

A very good weekend and safe shooting to you.

Aye

Raj

Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:13 pm

That colonial acquaintance spent a lot of time and effort writing up recipes of the game he shot on the old forum .... complete with pictures, detailed step-by-step procedures, sources of exotic ingredients etc. etc. It would be real shame to lose it.
It also inhibits me from making the effort again here in case it ends up in another futile waste. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Bullingdon

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:34 am

Goodness gracious me, don't fret so, I am sure that your culinary scrolls shall be rediscovered sometime soon. Now in the interim it is my experience that you fellows are nothing if not tenacious and most certainly best kept rather fully occupied. So get the tandoor warmed up and the ghee nicely clarified and set to with creating some new recipies, I would try to avoid your exotic ingredients this time around, more Floyd than Jaffrey I fancy.
No need for pictures, you will find that quite a lot of people can read over here although writing and grammar are another matter entirely.
Off you go now, chop chop...

Aye