assisted suicide

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

assisted suicide

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:39 pm

while I'm in the mood for asking questions......

I`ve read a story today about a Swansea woman who ended her life at dignitas she was suffering from motor neurone disease and decided that she had no quality of life and took the decision too end her life..the police are going too question her two daughters who travelled too Switzerland too be with her in her final hours....I hope that's all the police do is talk too them.
( my mother also had mnd and it was awful too watch her slowly lose control of her body.we as a family had too make decisions that will haunt me forever)
so my question is do you think it should be legalised or not :?:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: assisted suicide

Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:02 pm

It should be legalised, after all, the doctors agree and so would most judges, especially those responsible for the counter signature.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

Dan

Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Competley agree and second what Brooksy said.
Air Arms s200 MK2 HUMA Regulated, MTC MAMBA

no avatar
hktc

Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:42 pm

Agree. As long as it is a 'group' decision. Medical and family. Everyone should be involved.
Not an ''assisted suicide'' but my mum, who is nearly 90 was in hospital last week and without telling me she signed a ''form'' for a DNR (do not resuscitate) if she ever goes unconscious. Bit of a shock but I suppose its her decision.
Air Arms S400 Carbine
Hawke MAP Pro 4-16x50AO
Twink MK11 Silencer

Geordie

Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:48 pm

It amazes me how a DNR policy is in place but not a legal establishment for those folk that want to die in the UK. Bit puzzling really.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
granville

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:24 pm

2 friends have all ready said that if this was the case they would be off there .
many years ago my father was given 2 weeks to live on day 14 the doctor ,gave us the
2 options one being massive dose of morphen .
he said father would live less than an hour but have no more pain .
it was a chose i never regretted making for him.
to see him suffer with cancer was not a nice thing too see .
i would have gave him the injection myself at that time ,
to stop his suffering .
its a yes from me .

no avatar
Brooksy

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:35 pm

hktc wrote:Agree.
Not an ''assisted suicide'' but my mum, who is nearly 90 was in hospital last week and without telling me she signed a ''form'' for a DNR (do not resuscitate) if she ever goes unconscious. Bit of a shock but I suppose its her decision.

My grandad brought me up and we idolised each other, but toward the end of his life he decided enough was enough, he couldn't walk and was facing relying upon us to do everything for him. He gave up and refused treatment, I was livid but after I had thought about it, I was being selfish by wanting him to be there. He had given me the best years of his life and he was happy in the knowledge that I was secure, so, job done. Why make him suffer when life was unbearable?
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:39 pm

agree, after watching my mother in her last weeks, it was not life, but existance. it was not a good time. if there is clear guidance from the person and their family, that this is their wish then yes.

Katzenjammer

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:22 am

Missed this one.

Yes, of course in the right and controlled circumstances. We do not let our other loved ones suffer (our pets) so why are our human loved ones any different when the end is inevitable?

My view is that it is the church and religion that has scuppered this with their outdated and outworn ideas from the past. I say from the past in a derogatory way but if you study anthropology there are many human societies through the ages that have practised euthanasia. Older tribe members went off or stayed behind as the tribe moved on so as not to be a burden, others willed themselves to die (Very common in South Sea cultures).

We in the modern world need to catch up with reality and inevitability? The ancients lived with it every day but we are cossetted from it now particularly in the West.

Logan would run of course!
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Tyke

Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:22 pm

Most polls show that 80% of the population would welcome assisted suicide and the government has debated it so who's stopping it, the un-elected house of lords. Democracy in action my arm.
Redfearns F.T.C.
TX200hc
HW98