Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:16 pm

......that we have hurricane type conditions tonight! :shock:
Just got in and it is filthy outside . :twisted:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Katzenjammer

Re: It seems.........

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:36 pm

A truly awful weekend weatherwise but I still got out and about yesterday and today on the shooting front. Pouring down now. Was it not like this that year we had the bad winter? Still not had the heating on mind :D

Spent a long time yesterday clearing up and tidying the range. People just walk off and expect others to tidy up after them. Sodden and sodding paper targets all over, riddled tin cans and suchlike and the "long range" shooters had left loads of their rubbish up at the 80yd mark. Gits :lol:

Had my first of the season dumplings in a stew tonight so feeling stuffed :mrgreen:
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Geordie

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Aye, yesterday werent too bad, I had trouble seeing the road in front of when driving tonight. Dont you just hate those poorly painted bloody "humps" they insist on laying in the roads :roll: I hit one tonight :twisted: and even at low speed they send you skyward!

I cant recall the winter your on about Steve, it has been stupidly mild so far, this one. Not that Im complaining mind ;)
AA s410K .177

Katzenjammer

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:58 pm

Geordie wrote:Aye, yesterday werent too bad, I had trouble seeing the road in front of when driving tonight. Dont you just hate those poorly painted bloody "humps" they insist on laying in the roads :roll: I hit one tonight :twisted: and even at low speed they send you skyward!

I cant recall the winter your on about Steve, it has been stupidly mild so far, this one. Not that Im complaining mind ;)

Those humps? Drunken Middlesbrough supporters I reckon round here :lol: Takes a while for my eyes to settle down to winter driving once the hour changes and it gets dark but after a week I'm eagle eyed again.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Sake-san

Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:03 pm

I trust that it blows through quickly, 26C here today (and I put most of the terrace / garden furniture away yesterday :( )
Luncheon and pre-dinner drinks on the terrace, suffice to say a proper day for all involved.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

Raj

Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:00 pm

Tonight aint so bad but tomorrow is gusts up to 40+ mph :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:09 pm

Geordie wrote:Aye, yesterday werent too bad, I had trouble seeing the road in front of when driving tonight. Dont you just hate those poorly painted bloody "humps" they insist on laying in the roads :roll: I hit one tonight :twisted: and even at low speed they send you skyward!

Theres a speed bump right outside my house :roll: a woman driver hit it that hard she lost control and rammed my neighbours car righting it off
The reason this happened is because she was driving too fast also as geordie said you cant see them very well when the weather is bad
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Geordie

Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:27 pm

eboswan wrote:Theres a speed bump right outside my house a woman driver hit it that hard she lost control and rammed my neighbours car righting it off
The reason this happened is because she was driving too fast also as geordie said you cant see them very well when the weather is bad

Our little street is a rat run between two estates, far too narrow for the traffic it gets as well as all the parked cars (we park on our drive). We have two sets of humps, that folk bypass by driving on the pavement! You walk out your gate and a car flashes past not a foot in front of you.

They slow the law abiding/sensible motorist, but the ones that want to speed just avoid them. The extra wear they cause to your car should see a reduction in road tax :twisted: Personally, I'd scrap the current method of collecting road tax, much fairer to pay it when you fill your tank..........pay as you use.
AA s410K .177

Geordie

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:41 pm

What a difference a day makes! Dropped my youngest boy at home earlier on this evening, had the window down in the car , mild as a late spring day at 17C. No rain, just a real, dare I say "muggy" night.

I shouldnt really be surprised as it was 21C in my garage on Halloween last year. Our seasons have changed/are changing right under our noses!

:?
AA s410K .177

no avatar
Outandabout

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:35 pm

A little further south - only about 25 miles and its very warm but very strong winds. It been windy all last night and today and forecast for most of tonight.
I'm suprised you are not getting the strong winds up there.
Kevin