Getting Back to Normal - Whatever THAT is!

Sailor 64

Getting Back to Normal - Whatever THAT is!

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:34 pm

Been away for too long due to a combination of work (still commuting 110 miles a day!) and pretty much every other weekend, and a couple of longer stays, in Dorset initially looking after my ailing mother and, sadly, more recently the slow, sometimes painful, task of starting to clear the house before it goes onto the market. A 1,000 memories at every turn along with a few surprises thrown in for good measure. Still, life goes on and my youngest daughters turn 15 tomorrow (7th Nov) and I'm sitting here wondering just how the blazes that happened - but I guess all parents, particularly those with daughters, are prone to that thought.

I WILL get out again with my now somewhat neglected TX sometime soon and might even get to finally have a shoot with the latest addition - a HW40 PCA, a 'treat' to myself just before events took over whatever free time I might have had.
TX200, LH in walnut (now gathering cobwebs but shhhhh, don't tell!)
HW40 PCA

Geordie

Re: Getting Back to Normal - Whatever THAT is!

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Welcome back mate.
Sorry to hear about your mam, chin up old chap.

I had a HW40, youll have some fun with that, they are a great little pistol, deadly accurate. Careful with your fingers when you cock it :o :D
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:57 pm

good too see you back mate sorry about the circumstances around your absence .
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Sailor 64

Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Cheers lads.

Not been an easy time, especially as it was only in May last year that dad died. As my kid brother said, "To loose one parent is sad, to lose two in 16 months is just careless!" Whilst not enjoying the best of health recently, at the beginning of August we (mum, my two brothers and me) were planning for the next five years with a fair degree of confidence - drawing up plans to convert the stable into a combined bed / living / bathroom, offering one level living for the old girl. Then, somewhat out of nowhere, came the news that her kidneys were failing and there was nothing that the medics could do. At least that afforded us a few days together to come to terms with what was happening. She spend her last few days in a hospice and, I have to say, all the staff there were excellent. Nothing was any trouble, we could visit at any time, bring the dogs in for her to see and pet, and, at the end, while we were rushing to the hospice, they sat at her side so that she wasn't alone. All nurses are special; hospice nurses are the most special of the special.
TX200, LH in walnut (now gathering cobwebs but shhhhh, don't tell!)
HW40 PCA

Geordie

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Sounds like you've been through the wringer mate. I lost my old man over seven years ago. I would have fell apart if I'd lost my mam too.
Its a clique but in time things will get better. You have my best wishes.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Katzenjammer

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:38 am

Aye welcome back and my sympathies. Something I am yet to face but it won't be long given my parents are in their 90's.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Raj

Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:17 am

Sorry to hear about the family .... fully get how you felt as my own mum is hanging on by some miracle. She was given 6 months in Nov. 2013 but has beaten many odds. However, she is tired if it all now. :(

Welcome back. Great to see some old timers back here - not meaning to put off new blood but there is certainly some comfort in the familiarity of old faces. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"