Damn not again - job gone

no avatar
Big Dog

Damn not again - job gone

Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:33 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if there are any employers out there with any honesty when it comes to telling staff the truth about their job security/prospects? Couple of months back we wer worried that our jobs had gone, but things seemed to get better. Only yesterday we were told 'officially' by B&Q that our jobs were safe and that there was no cause for concern as our store was not one of those earmarked for closure. Lying bastids!! This morning we were told by, of all people, the local newspaper that the store is to be pulled down as the landlord has been granted planning permission to build on the site. A quick call to the local planning department confirmed this to be true. Even though we and our employer now know exactly what is going on, my lousy employer is still refusing to be honest about how long we have before we are out of the door and the building comes down. What a dishonest and rubbish way to treat employees. Guess it's back to the unemployed list for me.

Katzenjammer

Re: Damn not again - job gone

Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Disgusting gutless behaviour. Are they planning to build another store locally or is that it in that catchment area?
They must have known for months that the site landlord was trying to oust them - presumably for a more lucrative use?
However it might be that your employer does not know of the final termination date. Getting planning permission and starting a new project often have long lead times - I have known it take years.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:10 pm

I went too my ex employer years ago and asked how much future work we had and was told it was at least 18 months :D I was planning on buying a new car.
3 weeks later we were all made redundant :roll: :roll: the company had gone into liquidation :roll: a few months after that it was operational again carrying out the contracts that were won before they went under...
they took one of our long standing contractors for 36 grand :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Geordie

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Seems to be par for the course these days. Everything seems to be geared up for the employer to exploit whoever they fancy! Just what do you need to do to get a bloody contract these days? The employee has become a play thing to be tossed around and jettisoned at the will of the user!

Pile of shit the whole lot! :twisted:

Edit.
You have my sympathies Big Dog, sorry your to hear of your impending unemployment.
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
gary martin

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:38 pm

i was made redundant twice in a year, i know what it's like. keep the faith, your next employer will be the lucky one, the others had their chance and blew it. hope you find something suitable soon.
Gary.

no avatar
granville

Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:46 pm

i know the feeling i had it done to me as a contractor many times .

no avatar
zippy

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:17 pm

I wish you the best Big Dog and hope you find work soon.
Last edited by zippy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

rogers1

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm glad I've finished with that game now.

I guess I was also lucky. I had eight years in the RN, four years working at a power station, then thirty in petrochem for one company.

In that time I was only unemployed for six days between the RN and starting my job in the power station. I bloody hated those six days with a passion

Commiserations guys.

Big Dog, I hope it all pans out mate.

Duncs
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....

Timmytree

Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Bad luck Paul, it just proves there's little honesty or integrity in management.
Let me know when you have a date, I may be able to help. ;)

no avatar
Big Dog

Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Timmytree wrote:Bad luck Paul, it just proves there's little honesty or integrity in management.
Let me know when you have a date, I may be able to help. ;)

Cheers TT, haven't got a date for shop closure yet as the company is being a bit evasive/dishonest about it, I would imagine so that staff don't find new jobs and leave before the doors close!