instant karma

no avatar
wastrel

instant karma

Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:50 am

Dontcha just love it?
spending a couple of days with the gaffer in Edinburgh, when we left our hotel y'day I spotted 2 plod stood near a conference centre, on returning 4 hrs later we could see them still stood there?
behind us coming down a side street we heard a sportsbike with an ear splitting exhaust giving it a hand full of throttle, braking so hard at the turn the rear tyre was up in the air will give you some idea how fast he was going,
glanced right, no traffic, he turned/flew onto our street & accelerated so hard the front tyre was lifting, the first 2 cops waved frantically for him to slow, he actually waved back at them knowing they'd no chance of stopping him, the six cops further down were in his path immediately & despite the fact he must've been touching 70/80mph, were having none of it!
STOP SUNSHINE, NOW!
we passed him shortly surrounded by 4 extremely pissed off looking cops!
we spoke to 2 young'uns later, turns out there's a police conference for fallen officers going on,
I should mention you probably have to see a Suzuki GSXR1K used in anger to appreciate just how quick it can accelerate, Edinburgh city centre alone, and this of all days, wasn't the place or time to show it off, hence the attitude of plod!
this was their day & definitely not a day to go screaming past them whilst them & theirs, local dignitaries, et al, dressed to the nines are having a party, albeit a sober one! Young plod said he'd likely face a ban! IDIOT!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Re: instant karma

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:24 pm

I can vouch for the power and acceleration of said bike. I had one and it was sooooooooooooo much fun. :D :D :D :D :D

Blackbaronfish

Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:44 pm

I love it when they fall off them :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Brooksy

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:03 pm

If you really feel the need to show off in a city centre, just polish it and ride around slowly. Enough people simply tut at knobs like him and totally panic when they see an air rifle, but which one is more dangerous?
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
gary martin

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Brooksy wrote:If you really feel the need to show off in a city centre, just polish it and ride around slowly. Enough people simply tut at knobs like him and totally panic when they see an air rifle, but which one is more dangerous?

all depends on the user, man is dangerous.