This isn't my country anymore.........

Katzenjammer

This isn't my country anymore.........

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:54 am

Does anyone else get these feelings? I get them increasingly as I get older and perhaps age has something to do with this? The feelings are stronger whenever I am in big towns and cities and have the reasons why I feel like this swarming around me. They fade when I am in market towns and villages or on the permission and in the countryside.

And I haven't lived in backwaters all my life, the reverse really having worked in London in the early 70's and large urban conurbations ever since as well as working in highly industrialised areas. Only my youth was in the rurality of the North Riding.

It isn't just the influx of different nationalities that affects my feelings but the rise of obese, feckless youth with shallow values. Well shallow values as I perceive them, gorging, pubbing and clubbing and rutting up back alleys. It's also the pace of change I guess, the disappearance of our once core industries, far too many people.........

I could go on. Some say I do! Perhaps listening to a 1960's compilation hasn't helped :)

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be you know?
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
gordon

Re: This isn't my country anymore.........

Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:14 am

My feelings exactly Steve, I collect my shooting mags from Smiths and the sit outside browsing and people watching waiting for my wife to finish her shopping, and I`m hard pressed to hear an English voice. I wonder what our Grand parents would think if they were able to come back and see what has happened ?
Professional Ferret Juggler

Katzenjammer

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:07 pm

HaHa As I type this I am actually listening to Jethro Tull - yup you guessed it - Living in the Past :lol:

Thanks for the input Gordon. What I have noticed on the few nights out in pubs etc that I partake of now is the inability to sit and discuss things sensibly and interestingly. You can't make yourself hear over the boom boom shake de room music or the inanity of piped football matches. What has happened to the art of conversation?
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Brooksy

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Tolerance has gone too far for all of our 'loyal subjects' in my opinion. I went to Southport air show on Saturday and we sat on a concrete slope, a man sat watching his two sons roll rocks down the slope into the side of a traders van, as long as they weren't troubling him he didn't care. We allow youths to do as they please with little consequence and its always somebody else's fault. On our trains we have fare dodgers who think they have an absolute right to assault anybody who dares to challenge them. This attitude pervades every level of society and it rubs off on immigrants too, so we have more problems than we can cope with.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

Katzenjammer

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:22 pm

We sound like my Dad! Who used to hate my "modern" music until I found out in his yoof he was a jazz fiend and his parents (Methodist Ministers) hated it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hoist by his own petard! Hamlet quote Dad! ;) He was an English master but still has a Shakespeare quote for every occasion.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Geordie

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:44 pm

I feel it Steve, it saddens me deeply as to what my grand children will inherit. I see a civil war on a not too distant horizon! :(
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Raj

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:09 pm

It is all very well for you guys to go on like this; at least you were born here .... How do you think I feel !!! :twisted:
I came here to be British and look what I got instead :roll:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Brooksy

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Being British is a state of mind Raj and the problem is an ever increasing number of our home grown citizens aren't fit to be called human, let alone decent. I despair at some of the idiots I see on the street these days. You only have to glance at the Jeremy Vile show to see what our future holds. They should compulsorilly sterilize most of them in the back of the studio if you ask me.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
zippy

Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:44 pm

good point this post.
Last edited by zippy on Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:57 pm

zippy wrote:I can foresee this post getting a lot of attention and rightly so.

Would I be regarded as been shallow, narrow minded or even called a racist for merely telling the truth.

I was in my local Tesco doing some shopping I heard 4 different foreign languages spoken from the small amount of people around me!.
Wile on an escalator on a visit to Leeds shopping mall,,,I seemed to be the only white man on that escalator.

I seen many foreign students wile out and about town, What is wrong with their own education system in their county, or is this an excuse to get into the country.
Why?, is there places found for Foreign students and no place's found for our own young and out of work youngsters.

Is the real English blood line almost wiped out with London mostly half immigrant.

Before you condemnn the old as a liability firstly look at the young as mentioned above, Obese, unfit youngsters whom? can't function without a mobile phone in their hands. selfish youth whom put more value on alcohol, trainers, phones than there own kids.

I ask you, cast your mind back to your parents, My father worked as a miner then for pleasure worked in the garden so we had fresh Veg Sunday lunch.
Times have changed not really for the best.

very true.........
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177