I ask you to please indulge me.

Kwaka

I ask you to please indulge me.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:49 pm

As some of you may know I spend my working life, zipping around Warwickshire endeavouring to save lives/assist the sick (at least thats what my job description states anyways)! :)

One thing that I am truly passionate about is Resuscitation and in particular Out of Hospital Cardiac arrest. The survivability numbers for this condition stubbornly refuse to improve. This is in part due to the reluctance of the general public to have a go, prior to our arrival which buys the patient time, generally because they think they will do harm. How much harm can you do? They are dead! ! !

The advent of the automated external defibrillator is truly a wonderful piece of kit. If used in a timely manner it can change the outcome for an individual.

My ambulance trust has filmed a short story about one persons experience of an out of hospital cardiac arrest. Not only is it rare to survive these incidents it is even rarer for someone to be willing to talk about it afterwards, so my admiration goes out to these people.

So all I am asking is for you to watch this short film to understand the importance of having these devices in as many places as possible and have people willing to use them.

Its truly not difficult, You don't even have to do the mouth to mouth bit now just remember Vinnie Jones "Hard and fast on the Sovereign"

http://www.wmas.nhs.uk/Pages/Pull-Through.aspx

https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/nat ... s-only-cpr

If just one more person is prepared to have a go, writing this topic was worth it! ;)

Thanks
S400 Classic .22
Beretta 682 Gold E 30" O/U M/C
Sabel SxS 28" F/C
CZ 455 Varmint .22lr SAK moderator

Raj

Re: I ask you to please indulge me.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Hear !! Hear !!! Having personally been first on scene for more than one cardiac arrest as a CFR, I am happy to add my support to what Kwaka is saying here. It doesn't take a lot to learn what to do and it doesn't cost a lot to raise funds and obtain a Defib. It can make the difference be
tween someone who has gone down either dying or turning into a vegetable and walking away.
We are woefully behind many other countries in this respect.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Brooksy

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:57 pm

I'm trained in the use of an automatic defib, I also have knowledge of the Bee Gees Staying Alive, I would give it a go any day. Nothing gained by not trying.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

Katzenjammer

Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:50 am

If it hadn't been for you guys and a defib being nearby at the time I would have lost my Dad four years ago. Enough said!
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007