Regional accents

Katzenjammer

Re: Regional accents

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Glad to hear that Gordon.

Well I think that's the same for all of us tbh. When I visited companies I did have to vary my approach not just in level of sales pitch but sometimes in speech as well but even that always had my North Riding accent coming through most times. We should all be proud of our accents even those down sarf!!! :lol:
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Brooksy

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:25 pm

In Cuba I decided to teach the rep some British greetings, just to aid his career of course. I told him, and he wrote this down phonetically...

Birmingham "Yowm all royt."

Manc "All right are kid."

Scouse "Or rice lar."

Stoke on Toilet "Thate bosted."

The bloke next to me asked what the Stoke greeting meant, so when the rep had gone I said "it means you're really ugly."

Cruel I know.

:D
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:57 pm

I don't like my accent if I`m honest.... I have cousins in Birmingham who think its great :)
my neighbour is from the east end of London and has lived next door for about 6 years, in a rational conversation I can understand her no problem if she is angry or excited I cant understand a word she says :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:36 pm

What the flippin 'eck are you all on about ???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
FPoole

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:16 am

I have a very Southern American accent. I get a little annoyed with a person from New England telling me that I have an accent. You can barely understand some of the yankee accents, yet they still poke fun at mine. At least I do know there is an R at the end of the word car. Apparently, New Englanders didn't get the memo.

Sake-san

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:52 am

Ah ahm vehree a-pea note too av theeze probe leamze ear 8-)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

no avatar
Brooksy

Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Aaarrgh, it beeeee.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
poguemahone

Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:02 pm

eboswan wrote:I don't like my accent if I`m honest.... I have cousins in Birmingham who think its great :)
my neighbour is from the east end of London and has lived next door for about 6 years, in a rational conversation I can understand her no problem if she is angry or excited I cant understand a word she says :lol:

look you now brian, why dont you like your accent see, isnt it. you've got a welsh accent from wales, wasnt it, but there's lovely for you ;)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:48 pm

poguemahone wrote:
eboswan wrote:I don't like my accent if I`m honest.... I have cousins in Birmingham who think its great :)

look you now brian, why dont you like your accent see, isnt it. you've got a welsh accent from wales, wasnt it, but there's lovely for you ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pizz of steve :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Outandabout

Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:53 pm

eboswan wrote:
poguemahone wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pizz of steve :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote
It could be worse Brian, you could be from up the valleys ( I do do do land). Where everybody says "i do do" this or "i do do" that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It does not matter what you sound like ITS A BIG PART OF YOUR HERITAGE and we should all be proud of what we are.

Cheers
Kevin