Dedication vs British Weather

Raj

Dedication vs British Weather

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:20 pm

I finished work at 18:00. The sun was low in the sky but shining. The wind was down to about 6 mph. Ideal for shooting ... or my other new passion, road biking. I tossed the coin and chose the bike. Got dressed in my sexy mamil wear (Middle Aged Men In Lycra) and headed off over hill and dale on a 20 miler before the light fades.
15 mins. into the ride, the heavens went dark, the skies opened up and it pelted down with a freezing mixture of rain and sleet :evil: :evil: :evil:
I came home after gritting my teeth and carrying on for my full 20 miles through the rivers that had appeared in the road ... a mixture of water, ploughed field muck, dirt and spray from the cars. No mudguards, slick tyres, inadequate protection from the rain .... no wipers on my road goggles 8-) .... but a smile on my face :)

Wont lie ... At some points, I wished I had gone shooting instead ;)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Dedication vs British Weather

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:24 pm

oh gutted for you...........no not really I`m pizzing myself :lol: :lol: :lol:not at your weather dilemma but at you dressed in lycra :lol: :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Hahahahaha! :lol:
Close but not close enough. I dress in pinks, grens and oranges 8-) 8-) 8-)
Hardened truck drivers have been known to swerve and falter when they pass :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:48 am

Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started