Food!

no avatar
wastrel

Re: Food!

Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Katzenjammer wrote:Try adding baked beans to that mixture or onions, swede and carrot. Perks it up a bit

Hash with baked beans, now your talking mate, but, lets not get arty farty here Jammer, (mum certainly couldn`t afford to) swedes? they played tennis against John McEnroe back in the day, whilst we ate Hash ;)
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Raj

Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Beans ? .... Farty? ........ Are you having a laugh? :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Geordie

Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Gixxerboy wrote:My favourite meal is my weekend treat. Always makes you feel better after the beer the previous day/evening. Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast... Mmmmmmmmmmm... :D :D :D

That does sound nice Paul, I'll put it on the menu.

Another of my ma's staple meals is mince n tatty with dumplings.Dumplings are just hard/crusty on the outside, soft inside. Sweet garden peas and some baby carrot heads. LUSH!
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Sake-san

Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:07 pm

wastrel wrote:
Sake-san wrote:Wastrel, if I may I shall join you with Balmoral chicken, wrapped in crisp bacon and served with a selection of seasonal veg, wild mushroom sauce.... brings back very fond memories of long days on the hill and the adorable lassie that ran the kitchen in the lodge :oops:

Sake, I`ve just finished my dinner & you`ve still made my mouth water, that could be the Lassie in the lodge though (cue the dog jokes, nomatter, Sake knows!)

She was most certainly no dog but, I do recall her having a very soft mouth and endless energy :oops: , need to take my medicine now I fancy ;)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

Timmytree

Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Pork chops on the bone, cooked in rough cider with apple chunks, shallots and a pile of swede mash with loads of pepper, followed by baked apple stuffed with raisins, cloves, smothered in clotted cream and a good dash of rum. Heavenly soul food!

Katzenjammer

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:57 am

Last edited by Katzenjammer on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Outandabout

Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:05 pm

I dont think you can get better than cornbeef hash and tomato sauce.
Kevin

Blackbaronfish

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Oooooh love liver and caramalised onions with creamy mash. Pudding has to be home made apple pie and fresh cream...oh yes :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
granville

Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:44 pm

lamb shank for me , followed by blackberry and apple crumble . :D :D :D

no avatar
zippy

Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:00 am

I like all the old style puddings like... :D

Spotted Dick, a few members may have had the human version of this in the lower parts of the anatomy... not nice... :shock:

Treacle pudding, with lashings of custard with the milky skin... YUMMY... :D

Jam rolley polley, an old school dinner classic... :D

Rice pudding, again the milky skin was lush.

Jam tarts, me! Grans specialty, O' how i miss going for Sunday tea with home baked delights form my Little old Gran. I miss her so much... :cry:

Roast beef and Yorkshire puddings, I always remember my mate went to live abroad in Spain, I asked him why he returned to live back in England. he said he missed his mum's Roast beef and Yorkie's ( but really I think he missed his mum as-well... :lol: )

Dippy bread,,, Me! mum used too dip a slice of bread around the juices/oils of the meat wile checking its cooking okay, old traditions long gone!, sadly... :cry:
This was a tasty treat before Sunday's dinner for a young lad out all day climbing trees, making camps and up too mischief.

These days its all this Italian gunk and Currys... I know,,, I do love this food as-well.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto