ok whos been shooting swans

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

ok whos been shooting swans

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:16 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/sw ... spartandhp

:roll:
Air rifle attacks and random shootings by vandals have been blamed for a sharp drop in the number of swans recorded during the annual swan upping census on the Thames.

If we have about 120 or 130 cygnets next year that will be a reasonable level – 80 isn’t acceptable but we do have some years that are lower than normal.”

low numbers = mad crazy shooter :roll: :roll:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

raygun

Re: ok whos been shooting swans

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Not all of our E.U. neighbours have the same regard for Swans as we do.

The missing Swans probably found their way to the dining table.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
wastrel

Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:35 pm

raygun wrote:Not all of our E.U. neighbours have the same regard for Swans as we do.

ATB
Ray.

I seem to remember on Qi their meat was described as fishy & unpalatable? anyone tasted swan out there?
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
zippy

Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Sorry I could not resits it....... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UHQbE-giU0 :D
Last edited by zippy on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Timmytree

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:45 pm

wastrel wrote:
raygun wrote:Not all of our E.U. neighbours have the same regard for Swans as we do.

ATB
Ray.

I seem to remember on Qi their meat was described as fishy & unpalatable? anyone tasted swan out there?

Long necked goose. ;)

raygun

Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:57 pm

wastrel wrote:I seem to remember on Qi their meat was described as fishy & unpalatable? anyone tasted swan out there?

How would it be known unless someone had eaten them ?

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
air gun

Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:01 pm

im not blaming anyone for it. but my brother owns a carp fishing lake. and some of our friends from the eastern block seem to think they can catch the carp and eat them. so maybe that's whats going on.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Geordie

Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:14 pm

We are under a foreign invasion my friends! Anything that's edible is fair game to these invaders. :roll:
We need to take a leaf outa the Aussies book! I hate this bloody country at times :cry:

"Oh come on in why don't you, eat my dog and bang my wife if you like friend" :twisted:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
air gun

Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Geordie wrote:We are under a fookin foreign invasion my friends! Anything that's edible is fair game to these invaders. :roll:
We need to take a leaf outa the Aussies book! I hate this bloody country at times :cry:

"Oh come on in why don't you, eat my dog and bang my wife if you like friend" :twisted:

last week my wife was out shopping and some polish drunk came up to her and started to try to hold her hand. she went crazy as only my wife can and he mumbles some kind of crap about not speaking English and walked off back to his 4 mates. tbh im not the type of guy that gets into fights and bother. but had I been there I would have left the guy where I found him.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Sake-san

Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Geordie wrote:We are under a fookin foreign invasion my friends! Anything that's edible is fair game to these invaders. :roll:

Strong words Geordie but, I must confess to having my political colours nailed rather firmly to the same mast as yours.
Your invitation in quotation marks may just possibly require subtle but, meaningful alteration :o
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun