AAOC Meet 2015

Raj

AAOC Meet 2015

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:50 pm

A big thanks to all those who said they would turn up and did !!!
Some key notes ....
* The venue could not be faulted in any way. T20 and family ............ what a cracking host you have been !!. Great covered shoot to help us cope with the bursts of rain, nice flat and well kept fields, friendly ponies, outstanding bonfire arrangements with no shortage of wood, nice toilets, easy to reach location, good catering, and a brilliant bunch of FT targets topped by the brilliant Quigley Bucket which was tricky when the winds picked up :)
* Good spirited support and participation from the Boinger Bash brigade :)
* Pretty amazing Speed Shoot reactive targets that really did come into their own kindly provided by Davy 8-)
* Nice company with a surprise appearance by our Brian !!! and the legendary lion dog, Mason 8-) :P
* Great set of donations for the raffle - Thanks Sake-San, GrandadG ... and any one else who helped ;)
* Brilliant effort by the Deker boys from Rowan Engineering on the trophies and of course some fine walnut bases from our Geordie 8-) :)

Last but not the least, a big thanks to all those who helped organise such a great weekend !!! Roll on 2016 :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: AAOC Meet 2015

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:57 pm

any pics raj :?:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:15 pm

I didnt take any this time ... I really hope others did as we had some great sunny moments. :)
I know some pics were taken of the prize giving. :)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:19 pm

but raj your the official aaoc cameraman :shock: bloody hell one job you were given :roll: :lol: ;)
S200. .177

Raj

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:25 pm

I am sorry Ebo. I am not sure what it was that stopped me from being efficient .... :oops: :?

It wasnt the 4 pints of bottled ale I took :?
It wasnt the 1 bottle of Timmytree homebrew - 2014 vintage that had been lying around in Davy's garage :?
It wasnt the whiskly that Grandad G plied me with at 02:00 this morning :?
It wasnt the brandy that Ray forced me to drink at 02:15 this morning :shock:
It wasnt the half cooked sausage from last night's barbecue that I ate this morning .... left out to be licked by flies, wasps and cats :?

What could it have been that made me lose it completely :?: :?: :?: I wonder :twisted: Must have been the cup of tea I had :P Anyway, I provided some nettles and weeds by the A5 with some quality regurgitated nourishment on my drive back home ....... twice8-) 8-) 8-)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Raj wrote:I am sorry Ebo. I am not sure what it was that stopped me from being efficient .... :oops: :?

It wasnt the 4 pints of bottled ale I took :?
It wasnt the 1 bottle of Timmytree homebrew - 2014 vintage that had been lying around in Davy's garage :?
It wasnt the whiskly that Grandad G plied me with at 02:00 this morning :?
It wasnt the brandy that Ray forced me to drink at 02:15 this morning :shock:
It wasnt the half cooked sausage from last night's barbecue that I ate this morning .... left out to be licked by flies, wasps and cats :?

What could it have been that made me lose it completely :?: :?: :?: I wonder :twisted: Must have been the cup of tea I had :P Anyway, I provided some nettles and weeds by the A5 with some quality regurgitated nourishment on my drive back home ....... twice8-) 8-) 8-)

its not good enough raj excuses excuses :roll: if you can return the key too the aaoc cabin headquarters we`ll say no more about it :lol: :lol:
S200. .177

no avatar
zippy

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:37 pm

Pleased everyone had a great time at the meet, I would have loved to have attended, However, it was a little far for me! to travel.

Maybe we can have A meet closer to the North, Anyway Pleased you all had a fab time... :D

Regards Mick... :D
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Blackbaronfish

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:43 am

zippy wrote:Pleased everyone had a great time at the meet, I would have loved to have attended, However, it was a little far for me! to travel.

Maybe we can have A meet closer to the North, Anyway Pleased you all had a fab time... :D

Regards Mick... :D

How far away are you from Nuneaton?

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:05 am

About a 180 miles ... give or take, Ray. About 7 hours travel time - 2 ways which is a lot compared to what we did but as discussed, it is always going to be too far for some as the country is thin and long. Holding it further north or south will make it even worse for the opposite end.

Once again, big thanks to the mods and admin who put in so much effort to make the show happen !!! :)

Iced Tiger

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:05 am

It was nice to see some of the members again, I second all the thanks given, without those people mentioned there would have been no meet. It was a great shame the turn out was so low, it was a good job the springer crew where there to make up the numbers. Great place to hold a bash, not too bad of a drive from me at about just under three hours.
I would also like to thank Julian for bringing his spares and for Kev Todd who helped me change my indexing post which gave up the ghost.
The trophy has been given pride of place in the lounge 8-) ,SWMBO loves it as it is shiny :lol:
I might have some piccys if they have turned out, will have a look later.
Hope you are feeling better Raj :mrgreen:
The Quigley Bucket was challenging in the cross wind, but once you got your eye in you could hit it three times in a row :shock: .
Can't wait for next years, thank you again to all those who arranged, donated and worked hard.
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny