Been busy, still am. Got myself a bargain Baikal

Katzenjammer

Been busy, still am. Got myself a bargain Baikal

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:47 pm

Busy on permission and will be moreso as harvesting fast approaches with the first barley ready to be cut. I know some more southern farmers will have reaped it a while back. No rape this year on the farm due to the restrictions on pesticide/herbicide use. We may see the dreaded yellow disappear you know because without those certain pesticides etc the bugs and suchlike decimate crops. Plus we have an extensive field of close cropped oats. Never shot over that before so will be interesting to see how it goes. The pheasants seem to like it even now but not gamebird season yet of course!

Got myself a bargain Baikal O/U Multichoke 12g shotgun a week or two back. Scouted out by some pit yacker mate. £630 new, Up for £500 an labelled as Demo but never shot. I got it for £400 which included a trade in on my Brno O/U. That was a good solid gun but choked full and full. More like extra full/extra full tbh. That made it limiting in the field. Lovely bit of tiger striped wood on the Baikal. Baikal pedigree and longevity is something to consider over Turkish and cheaper Italian and Spanish guns or any others from other countries of origin. I already have a prime example of a Baikal s/s.

Keiths of Saltburn was where I got it, Very competitive pricing on all his goods. I have never yet not had a discount. Le Chameau wellies for eg priced £160, I paid £120. His shotgun cartridge prices can seldom be beaten as is often bleated out by local RFD's.
Last edited by Katzenjammer on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

Geordie

Re: Been busy, still am. Got myself a bargain Baikal

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:40 pm

Good to hear from you again Steve :)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Raj

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Pleasure to see on these pages again, Stevie !! :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Katzenjammer

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:05 am

Thanks guys. I haven't been near the range for weeks until yesterday when I called in for a snapcap for my 410. Surprise surprise he didn't have one :x

Had a good day out yesterday though on the pigeons.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007