Looks like I'm unemployed again!

no avatar
Big Dog

Looks like I'm unemployed again!

Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 pm

It looks like I'll be unemployed very shortly!! You couldn't make this up - a couple of weeks ago someone told me that the B&Q store where I work part-time was closing and that all the staff knew. I of course explained that this was not true, whilst store closures have been announced, mine is not one of them at the moment. However, last weeks Gazette published a planning application submitted by the Landlord to re-develop the site on which my store stands and build 3 new, smaller units and a drive through food outlet. I asked in the shop and while the managers there are aware of it, B&Q as a company aren't commenting at all. Looks like the owner of the site upon which B&Q stands has sold the land to the Co-operative Group, because B&Q won't give a straight answer as to which stores they may close over the next 2-3 years and he doesn't want to end up owning land that isn't bringing him in any revenue. So, he's sold it to the Co-op, who have now applied for full planning permission to build something else where B&Q stands. Oops!!

I'm guessing that my employer isn;t saying anything to us because they don't want us to start searching for new jobs and leave: they probably didn't plan to say anything until the very last minute, thus leaving us right in the lurch. What a rubbish way to treat employees - guess it's back to unemployment for me as there is very little if anything round here job wise!

no avatar
poguemahone

Re: Looks like I'm unemployed again!

Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:40 pm

''he who works and does his best, gets the sack with all the rest'' :x :x :x :x :x

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:22 pm

we are just numbers mate :roll:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:28 am

I would approach the Co-op as a pre-emptive strike. Good luck whichever way it turns out, mate.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Dan

Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:07 am

Absolutely terrible way to treat people . I feel for you mate (as I have just been sacked for nothing more than going to an interview I can understand your frustration ) keep your head up I'm sure something will turn up
Good luck
Air Arms s200 MK2 HUMA Regulated, MTC MAMBA