buying a sander

no avatar
poguemahone

buying a sander

Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:16 pm

thought i'd buy a cheapo sander today, one of those £10-15 types, plenty good enough for what i use em for.
had a look on b&q website and they had one £17, but my nearest store dont stock em :x :x
had a look on wickes website, and they had one reduced from £29.99 to £14.99 :D checked local store and they had 4 in stock :D
when i got there they were on the shelf at £29.99 not the stated £14.99, so i enquired at customer services.
''if it says £29.99 then they're £29.99'' said the woman on customer services :o
''the advert on website clearly says they're £14.99'' said me.
''thats for click and collect'' said woman.
''it doesnt say that anywhere on the website'' said me
''well its only for click and collect at that price'' said woman.
''it doesnt state that, so therefore its a dishonest and very misleading advert, which has caused me to have a wasted journey'' said me
''its definitely click and collect at £14.99, or £29.99 in store, so if you go home, buy it online, press click and collect, then you can pick it up here in 1 hour'' said woman.
i had to walk away :roll:
sent a strongly worded e mail to their customer services complaining about the advert, and told em i'm phoning trading standards, local paper, and radio stoke, on monday morning, and let them sort out whether the advert is dishonest and misleading or not.
wickes got in touch asking me to hang fire until someone rings me tomorrow at 10am.
i want to walk into a shop or store and buy a sander, nice and simple, like it used to be. hand over the money and take the goods home :roll:

james79

Re: buying a sander

Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Very annoying and I will admit I've had it before. Its where smart phones come in to their own, you place the order to click and collect without leaving the store. Admittedly you have to bide you're time for an hour in the shop but its worth it to get one up on the clever dick with a power complex that messed you about in the first place :twisted: :twisted:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
neil

Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:24 am

looks like you might get a few vouchers from them, got overcharged in morrisons, sent an e-mail to them, got a reply I WAS not happy with and threatened to post the receipt on faceache, 2 days later got book of vouchers off them, scary bit was nowhere was my address given to them so how they got it god knows, stay polite at all costs and agree to nothing until you hear what they offer

Blackbaronfish

Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:27 am

neil wrote:looks like you might get a few vouchers from them, got overcharged in morrisons, sent an e-mail to them, got a reply I WAS not happy with and threatened to post the receipt on faceache, 2 days later got book of vouchers off them, scary bit was nowhere was my address given to them so how they got it god knows, stay polite at all costs and agree to nothing until you hear what they offer

Did you use your loyalty card for points

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
neil

Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:11 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:
neil wrote:looks like you might get a few vouchers from them, got overcharged in morrisons, sent an e-mail to them, got a reply I WAS not happy with and threatened to post the receipt on faceache, 2 days later got book of vouchers off them, scary bit was nowhere was my address given to them so how they got it god knows, stay polite at all costs and agree to nothing until you hear what they offer

Did you use your loyalty card for points

BBF

absolutely refuse to have anything to do with loyalty cards, A, got enough carp in my wallet already, B, they want my money, drop all their prices for all, not just bogus club members

no avatar
poguemahone

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:16 pm

i got a sander today from lidl. it said £15.99 on the price tag, and when i got to the till, thats exactly what it cost me.
wickes were considering letting me have a sander for the online advertised price of £14.99, instead of the store price of £29.99, but i politely declined their generous offer :lol:
since i moved on the boat 18 months ago, i'm slowly working my way through the jobs that need doing, and have spent a bob or two in diy stores, and i did mention to wickes customer relations bloke on the phone that it was doubtful that i'd spend any more money in their shop, as there were plenty of other suppliers in the area who didnt use misleading advertising gimmicks. he said he's going to speak with his senior customer superior management summat or other, and phone me back tomorrow.
i wonder what part of ''i've got a sander now'' he doesnt understand :lol:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:31 pm

poguemahone wrote:thought i'd buy a cheapo sander today, one of those £10-15 types, plenty good enough for what i use em for.
had a look on b&q website and they had one £17, but my nearest store dont stock em :x :x
had a look on wickes website, and they had one reduced from £29.99 to £14.99 :D checked local store and they had 4 in stock :D
when i got there they were on the shelf at £29.99 not the stated £14.99, so i enquired at customer services.
''if it says £29.99 then they're £29.99'' said the woman on customer services :o
''it doesnt state that, so therefore its a dishonest and very misleading advert, which has caused me to have a wasted journey'' said me
''its definitely click and collect at £14.99, or £29.99 in store, so if you go home, buy it online, press click and collect, then you can pick it up here in 1 hour'' said woman.
sent a strongly worded e mail to their customer services complaining about the advert, and told em i'm phoning trading standards, local paper, and radio stoke, on monday morning, and let them sort out whether the advert is dishonest and misleading or not.
wickes got in touch asking me to hang fire until someone rings me tomorrow at 10am.
i want to walk into a shop or store and buy a sander, nice and simple, like it used to be. hand over the money and take the goods home :roll:

I did answer this post...but I deleted it because it involved kidnap,sanders and nipples :lol: :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:57 am

eboswan wrote:
poguemahone wrote:thought i'd buy a cheapo sander today, one of those £10-15 types, plenty good enough for what i use em for.

I did answer this post...but I deleted it because it involved kidnap,sanders, sheep and nipples :lol: :lol:
:shock:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Linus

Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Is it for cleaning them winduz round Stoke :D
Dean
Member since October 2007.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin