TT Grand Prix

Iced Tiger

Re: TT Grand Prix

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:07 am

Hopefully get to go and watch one year, see the spectators getting on the ferry at Heysham when I am riding into work :cry: .
I don't think it should be banned, the riders know the risks they take and they still compete. Motorsport has a high risk of serious injury, no matter where it is carried out. I just hope that no more riders lose their lives during this years TT.
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny

roadrunner

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:36 pm

If you own a sports bike or enjoy riding fast then its easy to understand why people ride the course,its always sad when someone is killed or injured but no one is making them do it,i admire the isle of man for not stopping the TT, in a world where we are slowly been cosetteted in cotton wool the
TT is a breath of fresh air,did you know the island has a minister for "fun" how cool is that
by the way anyone can ride the mountain section any time of the year at any speed legally as out of town roads have no limits

Geordie

Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:45 pm

I'd hate to see it banned, its well marshaled and well organised, if folk want to race knowing the dangers then its up to them. There are quite a few killed playing rugby and other sports most years, so where would you draw the line?

Joey Dunlop still has the most victories at the TT and he was killed on a track where it's classed as being a bit more sterile/safe.

I admire folk for taking part, it must be great to have the balls to ride the circuit. 8-) :)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

roadrunner

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Geordie he was killed in a wooded section,there were bike bits wedged in tree's,he should never have raced as the rain became torrential

Geordie

Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:34 pm

roadrunner wrote:Geordie he was killed in a wooded section,there were bike bits wedged in tree's,he should never have raced as the rain became torrential

And on a 125. Such a shame. :(
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Timmytree

Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:22 pm

All motorsport is a risk, actually, everything we do is a risk!
As an ex biker, (maybe born again soon!) I appreciate the nerves and the sheer guts needed to ride like that. The blokes that can do that are few and far between, they have something different to the rest of us, just like any other sportsman at the pinnacle of their chosen path. Any death is sad but if you could ask those blokes, would they have racing stopped? Of course not! For them it's in the blood, they are born racers, professionals that know the risks and still race anyway.
I love watching, I cringe when I see the speed and the angles of lean but I have a hell of a lot of respect for anyone brave enough to do it, I certainly couldn't!

raygun

Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:24 pm

There are similar road races in the Southern 100 and the Northwest 200.

The TT however is the "Daddy".
It's been going over 100 years and deserves to keep going. The riders want to compete and know full well the risks. It is their choice and if there wasn't as many as there are the race would have failed years ago.

Technically it's not a "race" but a time trial as all riders race against the clock and not directly against each other like short circuit.
I wish all riders good luck and safe riding. They really are different.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
piggy589

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Having attended the TT races on and off since I was twelve,over fourty years ago.
Even the classic parade has become a race at times,once a racer always a racer I guess :) .

roadrunner

Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:03 pm

Watch bruce ansty's out right lap record of 132.298 mph average, honestly watching on tv my eyes and brain couldnt process it quick enough
i watched a programme a while ago about extreme sports and guy martin was one of the sportsmen choosen to be studied why it appears these people have something missing,while guy martin has no fear of speed,it was apparent he is a thinking man and doesnt want to die racing bikes but has accepted accidents happen that are beyond anyones control
Now micheal dunlop he's a man that wont make old bones,he is balls out everywhere