in mourning-for a plane!!

no avatar
wastrel

Re: in mourning-for a plane!!

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:07 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:
wastrel wrote:
Blackbaronfish wrote:I was in Axminster the other day and knocked one off a stand...nearly £400 :o

BBF

Could you fill me in here Ray, cos I really wanna see a 400 smackers block plane?
is Axminster a place or shop?

The one I knocked over was only a small thing. Looking on their web site the block planes are under £200.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/

BBF

Thanks for the link Ray (Ha! I knew you were an old rocker at heart ) good website that, some good items for sale & some interesting projects, should keep me busy as I'm on my travels again, 11hr shifts & stuck in accommodation on me own (again) with nowt but a laptop for company. That Donald Trump wants his pound of flesh let me tell you. Cheers.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Blackbaronfish

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:21 pm

I can spend hours in that shop as they do demonstrations 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
FPoole

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:31 am

Really attached to my claw hammers. Most are older than I am and have been re handled many times. I also have a roofing hatchet that was sold by a hardware store in San Francisco. I looked up the company and it went under with the 1906 earthquake. I once tried the metal handled hatchets only to find I had a very sore elbow all the time. I went back to wooden handles and the pain left. New isn't always better.