harley vs metrics...

no avatar
zingpow

harley vs metrics...

Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:57 pm

there is alot of plastic on the v star i bought...to untrained eyes (like mine) the bits look real...i pulled them off for a good cleaning and boom, plastic but the engine absolutely purrs and there isn't a drop of oil or puff of smoke anywhere...the more i clean it the more i'm impressed with it...pondering putting both bikes up for sale in the spring and see if i can make a killing on one of them then start "flipping" bikes, for a hobby...

zing's bike sales and service...just call bs549...
time traveler, meat eater, mad as a box of frogs

I'm not the anti-Christ but I know him, and he owes me money

Blackbaronfish

Re: harley vs metrics...

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Plastic fantastic :mrgreen:
I think I would be quite miffed if I found a nice bit of chrome turned out to be said plastic. :shock:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
zingpow

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Plastic fantastic :mrgreen:
I think I would be quite miffed if I found a nice bit of chrome turned out to be said plastic. :shock:

BBF

I’ve owned 4 motorcycles, 3 Honda’s and the Yamaha I just purchased and never had to loosen a nut or bolt for repair...that’s 20+ years and an excess of 60,000 miles and spent less than the price of one Harley that can’t get out of its own way and am even on the money, I’ve been riding for free (I take care of my bikes)...

Miffed? Not really, chrome plated plastic is indistinguishable from chrome plated platinum...zp...

no avatar
FPoole

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:26 am

While I like the idea of an American motorcycle company, the Harley is just a slug. I always called them a Hardley, but I do like the Buell.

no avatar
zingpow

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:50 am

FPoole wrote:While I like the idea of an American motorcycle company, the Harley is just a slug. I always called them a Hardley, but I do like the Buell.

When buell went down the first time they were giving the 1125’s away and I took a hard look, settled on the vfr800 and now the cbr1000rr which will probably be with me till I die, new liter bikes are getting very pricy and way out of my range...zing of the road...

Blackbaronfish

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:07 am

Let’s have some pictures then as all these model numbers and names mean nowt :mrgreen:
Come on Zing Bling show us your shiny plastic ;) :D

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
zingpow

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Let’s have some pictures then as all these model numbers and names mean nowt :mrgreen:
Come on Zing Bling show us your shiny plastic ;) :D

BBF

I’ll email pics to you and you can post them...I will not use the services available to upload pics...should be able to upload directly from our own files...zing of the 21st century...

no avatar
Outandabout

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:08 pm

FPoole wrote:While I like the idea of an American motorcycle company, the Harley is just a slug. I always called them a Hardley, but I do like the Buell.

A couple of my mates who have bikes call them Harley Ferguson because they remind them of the tractor Massey Ferguson

no avatar
zingpow

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 pm

i have an inlaw that has a royal enfield 500 with a side car (a hack) and there is a piece of history that has outlived it's days...i rode it about 20 miles as a favor to my son in law and it was not pleasant...too many good machines out there for that money that are waaaaay ahead of the enfield in every category...zing of the colonies where religious freedom is a constitutional right...

Hoosier Daddy

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 pm

I too ride. Have owned several bikes over the years but never a Harley.
Being a Yank, I am the odd duck around here.
My youngest bike is a '81 Honda GL1100. Some may know it as a GoldWing, but if you saw mine you would not know it. No fairing, now bags, no fenders, and Drag handlebar.... A Cafe' GoldWing if you squint.
An '80 Zook 750 GSX That is going to be my first Drag Bike someday.
My oldest? a couple of Beezahs, Yep... a '67 BSA 650 Spitfire MKIII and a matching year 441 Victor Roadster... NOW you know I am kinda nutz over here across the pond. ;)
AA S400-SL CARBINE FAC

And so many others I can't list in the allotted characters. :lol: