bad news if you REALLY didn`t like the new Pulsar

no avatar
wastrel

Re: bad news if you REALLY didn`t like the new Pulsar

Mon May 25, 2015 10:17 pm

right, well, here we go again, into the cauldron!
first up, I don`t think it`s ugly as sin or a disgusting looking rifle (c`mon Zippy-looks are subjective, some of us LIKE the look of Bullpups-go easy mate!)
I`d have one in forest as above if only I could afford it, the one Nigel Allen tested is more of a green colour & (I think) a stunner to look at!
I don`t think the fore end looks cheap & nasty, with that cage surround, it looks somewhere between a bottle air tank (which I don`t like the look of) & a cylinder (which I do).
the grip, HMM, let me back the gun here (with difficulty I accept) if that grip was on a pistol no-one would call it ugly, why is it then ugly, just cos it`s on a rifle?
it`s well over 12" shorter than my LGU & about a pound lighter, that`ll make it handle nicely I think, I don`t have a problem with handling my LGU & that`s with a silencer added (to the length I mean)
the electronics are, I think, astonishing, granted I have no experience of them, or any idea of what it means to live with & shoulder the cost of servicing them.
the cocking stroke looks amazingly smooth, a topic mentioned on our forum regularly with Air Arms models & possibly the tipping point of buying a particular model.
you can`t double load it- a huge PITA we`ve nearly all had to deal with, with our guns.
I just can`t understand why the scope rail has to be so high? why not machine normal `grooves` in, & let us choose our own mounts & height of scope?
Nope, I`m with Nigel here, it won him over, I think it`s a cracking looking rifle, I`m just under 2 grand short of owning one, Damm.
Last edited by wastrel on Tue May 26, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon May 25, 2015 10:47 pm

two grands worth of ugliness.....zippy put up a few links today showing bullpup and tdr designs which are far better looking rifles than the puker..sorry pulsar
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Dan

Mon May 25, 2015 11:00 pm

What Brian said . This rifle makes Edna look like a page 3
Air Arms s200 MK2 HUMA Regulated, MTC MAMBA

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Mon May 25, 2015 11:09 pm

Wastrel.... should have gone to specsavers mate.. that is just plain fugly!!! ;) ;)

no avatar
Axelrod

Mon May 25, 2015 11:22 pm

Accuracy with many rifles can be put down to not fitting the shooter. If it strains muscles to keep it in the aim point, accuracy suffers. The balance point is also a bad point with short guns. Weight spread over a longer distance makes the gun more stable in the aim point and aids accuracy. The Pulsar looks to fail on all of these. I REALLY don,t like it dave.

no avatar
air gun

Tue May 26, 2015 1:15 am

I have a .177 air wolf. and a .177 mk4. and my son has a AAs200. and soon im going to be getting a new rifle. now on the back of shooting all 3 guns im going to over look the pulsar for a ftp900. and it has nothing to do with how much they cost.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
air gun

Tue May 26, 2015 1:18 am

wastrel wrote:
Brooksy wrote:I'm new on here but I have loads of experience with my Rapid and it can hit a anything a Daystate hits all day long, in fact, more as the batteries never go flat. I also have an AA 410 TDR and it's accurate, light and easily transported. It has an air reservoir and a barrel and I operate a bolt and trigger. What I'm saying is, basic good design cannot be beaten, only refined. Bowers and Wilkins, Keff and Celestion make top quality speakers with no fancy trickery, Panasonic and Technics made speakers with LED displays and flat honeycomb drivers, but they were worse than awful. Honda Jazz? I have the 1.4 and I find it quite quick when needs be, you have to thrash it into the Vtec band, but then again it isn't hilly where I live. But I do know that it will never, ever fail me as it is engineered with pride and passion. Death before dishonour as the Japanese say!!

If 2 grand on an air rifle floats your boat then fair enough, but my Rapid and TDR give the same end result. Maybe Daystate are making the same mistake as Mercedes did... putting profits before quality.

Airgunning (for me) doesn`t get any better than AA fields through my S200 at 20-30m (my limits)
BUT! my OP is, Nigel states you`ll get sub 20mm groups at 50m & beyond with a Pulsar, you need to understand my OP or read his review- otherwise you`ll not get it!
we all say- my outfit suits me fine-does me all day long- hits the target- can you shoot sub 20mm groups at 50m-I`m quoting Nigel here.
sub 20mm groups at 50m? I wish!
edit:- & Back in Black doesn`t get any better than played through my Keff 7`s!

there is a guy on this forum that shot a 10mm group at 54 yards with a ftp900. ;)
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

raygun

Tue May 26, 2015 7:23 am

You can buy a Bullpup that will look better and certainly perform as well for half the price of the Pulsar.
You could then afford to put a nice scope on top of it.

Keep admiring it wastrel but be careful it doesn't scar your eyeballs :lol:

ATB
Ray.

Sake-san

Tue May 26, 2015 8:20 am

Must say it reminds me of my sons NERF Super Soaker, also blisteringly accurate, he can hit my wife and her bikini clad sunbathing entourage at 15 meters and that's whilst treading water in the pool! :ugeek:
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

Geordie

Tue May 26, 2015 5:55 pm

raygun wrote:if that grip was on a pistol no-one would call it ugly, why is it then ugly, just cos it`s on a rifle?

Thats my point exactly!!!! Its not on a pistol, its on a rifle that looks like someone has took a load of spare parts from various pistols/rifles/super soakers and cobbled them together. T'is neither nowt nor summat in my eyes. I dont know who/what they have on their design team, but they need a shoeing for that POS!
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)