Semi auto thread on BBS

no avatar
FPoole

Re: Semi auto thread on BBS

Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 am

wastrel wrote:I saw a couple of these (or the same one twice?) on youtube with airgun reporter (USA) & giles as well.
I couldn`t really see the point TBO, not what airgun shooting is about for me anyway. each to his own I suppose.

I have to agree totally. I just can't see a use for a semi auto air rifle.

no avatar
T 20

Wed May 27, 2015 7:33 am

alsofishes wrote:I sent various posts to mods and admins there and never had a reply to any. It all happened after I asked Terry Doe if Browning were members of AMTA on THE semi-auto thread.

Loads of people have been banned from there after posting on that thread! They are scattered all over the forums. I can still send PMs to people there though.

You were put in moderation after you drew attention to yourself on various threads for various reasons --- so you're not banned.

If you take the time to read through the Semi Auto thread you will only find one poster in that thread with the word banned under his user name --- and he wasn't banned for anything he said on the thread itself.
The banned member will be visiting me next weekend so I feel it would be inappropriate to post anything further about the matter on open forum at this time.

So as I said earlier, nobody was banned from the BBS for anything they posted on the SA thread --- the thread was managed by shutting it down when needed and Admin removed personel insults from posts rather than delete the whole post.
The thread is closed at present until further information comes to light in order to allow it to progress --- it's an important subject and we need to give members the correct information as it's made available to us.

All the best Mick

raygun

Wed May 27, 2015 7:41 am

FPoole wrote:
wastrel wrote:I saw a couple of these (or the same one twice?) on youtube with airgun reporter (USA) & giles as well.
I couldn`t really see the point TBO, not what airgun shooting is about for me anyway. each to his own I suppose.

I have to agree totally. I just can't see a use for a semi auto air rifle.

I have mentioned before that there are "Rapid fire" disciplines for both rifle and pistol. LSR in particular lends itself to a semi auto air rifle as others are using semi.22 rimi's.

There are also a growing number of disabled shooters who have started to use semi air rifles as the shooting and obviously loading is made easier for them.
It was made very clear that the Home Office, the CPS and ACPO did not have a problem with them and that in fact it was the wording of the Firearms Act that was at fault. Sub 12FPE rifles and sub 6FPE pistols are not certificated anyway and so were perfectly allowable under those limits.

The truth of the matter is that the GTA were concerned about losing business because people were buying from the E.U. so now want them banned. Pity the GTA members (using their logic) have been selling Section 5 pistols to the general public.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
alsofishes

Wed May 27, 2015 10:09 am

T 20 wrote:
alsofishes wrote:I sent various posts to mods and admins there and never had a reply to any. It all happened after I asked Terry Doe if Browning were members of AMTA on THE semi-auto thread.

Loads of people have been banned from there after posting on that thread! They are scattered all over the forums. I can still send PMs to people there though.

You were put in moderation after you drew attention to yourself on various threads for various reasons --- so you're not banned.

If you take the time to read through the Semi Auto thread you will only find one poster in that thread with the word banned under his user name --- and he wasn't banned for anything he said on the thread itself.
The banned member will be visiting me next weekend so I feel it would be inappropriate to post anything further about the matter on open forum at this time.

So as I said earlier, nobody was banned from the BBS for anything they posted on the SA thread --- the thread was managed by shutting it down when needed and Admin removed personel insults from posts rather than delete the whole post.
The thread is closed at present until further information comes to light in order to allow it to progress --- it's an important subject and we need to give members the correct information as it's made available to us.

All the best Mick

Don't "draw attention to yourselves" on BBS, folks! (Whatever that means... they sure won't tell you there)

The thread has continued without problems elsewhere though. The snippets referencing competition law and the illegality of trade Cartels on some threads are particularly interesting.
Here is a description :
http://ec.europa.eu/competition/cartels ... ex_en.html

"Action against cartels is a specific type of antitrust enforcement. A cartel is a group of similar, independent companies which join together to fix prices, to limit production or to share markets or customers between them.
Instead of competing with each other, cartel members rely on each others' agreed course of action, which reduces their incentives to provide new or better products and services at competitive prices. As a consequence, their clients (consumers or other businesses) end up paying more for less quality. This is why cartels are illegal under EU competition law and why the European Commission imposes heavy fines on companies involved in a cartel."
The crime is dealt with by both the EU body above and in GB by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
They offer incentives for whistleblowers.
Of interest to gunshop owners and airgun customers? You betcha!

BTW, I didn;t come on AAOC for this, I happen to own an S200 mk1 and was looking to convert it from .177 to .22 to take advantage of the 24Joule limit over here.
Sorry if I am "drawing attention to myself".

no avatar
alsofishes

Wed May 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Meanwhile, it appears the S is only just starting to hit the fan about SAs:

http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/foru ... 82&page=31