Need somewhere to shoot in the West Country

no avatar
Big Dog

Need somewhere to shoot in the West Country

Sat May 16, 2015 9:13 pm

When I lived in London and the Home Counties, there was no shortage of places to go and shoot. I could drive for 20 minutes in almost any direction and find a great air rifle range to shoot at. Lea valley, Ronnie Sunshines, Wendover, the Airgun Farm and Broomhills to name but a few, were all within a short drive of my home. Wherever I was, I could take a rifle with me and know that I would find a range that I could shoot on. When I moved out into the wide open expanse of the Somerset Levels, I assumed that being very rural, there would be an abundance of places to shoot - how wrong was I. To my knowledge there is just one single air rifle range anywhere near to me and it's rubbish, an old cow shed with 4 lanes, always a complete mess and freezing cold. I can't find a land owner who will let me either zero or shoot in his land. It's absolutely rubbish here in Somerset if you want to have somewhere to shot your air rifle every week. Next week I'm heading back to Hertfordshire, a 280 mile round trip, just to get some decent shooting in.

Do any Somerset forum members know of anywhere, indoor and/or outdoor, within reach of Meare/Glastonbury that I can go and get some weekly practice with my rifle?

bgaltd

Re: Need somewhere to shoot in the West Country

Sun May 17, 2015 3:55 pm

have you asked Tim ?

Raj

Sun May 17, 2015 9:37 pm

I have heard good things about this one ... http://www.mendipsg.co.uk/ :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Jinx

Sun May 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Raj wrote:I have heard good things about this one ... http://www.mendipsg.co.uk/ :)

Think he mentioned that one :o :?: :lol:

Big Dog wrote:...To my knowledge there is just one single air rifle range anywhere near to me and it's rubbish, an old cow shed with 4 lanes, always a complete mess and freezing cold....