Pro sport improved cocking lever

no avatar
Bosun

Re: Pro sport improved cocking lever

Thu May 07, 2015 4:09 pm

oyster wrote:Hi shooters, I am new on here. An enquiry : some at my club like the Pro Sport, me included, but have not purchased one due to the uncomfortable square section of the cocking lever. I wonder if anyone knows of an improved, more comfortable, version of the OE lever? I cant imagine it would be too hard to develop one, I know of few potential buyers of such a part. Thanks

Yes, the end of the cocking lever that's been machined can be a little sharp and uncomfortable, but careful application of some fine wet n' dry paper to the sharp edges sorted it for me. I'd be more concerned about the sloppy side to side movement of the trigger! AA say that 2mm is "minimal, and nothing to be concerned about". I'm not so sure.
Air Arms ProSport 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Air Arms TX200 HC 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Weihrauch HW75 Pistol
Umarex Colt M1911A1 pellet Pistol
Umarex Beretta 92FS pellet Pistol
Swiss Arms P1911 BB Pistol

roadrunner

Thu May 07, 2015 4:55 pm

I must have a good prosport, my lever neither feels flimsy or has play in it, yes the shape could be better but after a days shooting its my shoulder not my hand thats a little sore mind i would have shot a tin of pellets in that time,the trigger is the best of my four guns, mind i wouldnt say the smk xs19 is in the league of any AA product

no avatar
zippy

Sat May 09, 2015 1:47 am

Never had an issue with the shape and use of the under lever of the prosport. I could see if the prosport was FAC and had a stronger spring fitted it would be harder to cock.

The cocking lever do get side to side play and gets loose in time after considerable amount of pellets put though the rifle,,, and the under lever has been know to drop down wile shooting. this however, the dropping down of the under -lever wile shooting can be adjusted to stop this, and is not really problem.

I have used my prosport for many hours and had no issue with the shape or use of the under- lever, and with the prosport having a auto bear-trap built in makes loading Quick and easy comparing to the TX200 were one has to push the bear-trap catch in wile pulling the lever down. you do get used to the cocking on the TX200 in time and becomes second nature.

I do love the TX200hc more and there is no denying the cocking lever on the TX200 is much stronger with been steel v's Alloy.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
KeithS

Tue May 12, 2015 5:53 pm

I've never shot the pro sport but are the ones complaining about the cocking lever
hurting there hands, office workers :D

roadrunner

Tue May 12, 2015 8:55 pm

KeithS wrote:I've never shot the pro sport but are the ones complaining about the cocking lever
hurting there hands, office workers :D

Ohhh i say,thats not politically correct but yeah it had crossed my mind also,funny thing is people moan about the lever but not about the rifles weight

no avatar
KeithS

Wed May 13, 2015 5:09 pm

It would be the same office workers who go to the gym wearing gloves and posing
in front of the mirror, looking macho and at the same time use hand cream :D :D