Pro sport improved cocking lever

no avatar
oyster

Pro sport improved cocking lever

Tue May 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Hi shooters, I am new on here. An enquiry : some at my club like the Pro Sport, me included, but have not purchased one due to the uncomfortable square section of the cocking lever. I wonder if anyone knows of an improved, more comfortable, version of the OE lever? I cant imagine it would be too hard to develop one, I know of few potential buyers of such a part. Thanks
S400 MPR
S200T
DS Regal
HW77
HW77K
HW97K
BSA Goldstar SE
HW100

no avatar
gary martin

Re: Pro sport improved cocking lever

Tue May 05, 2015 5:56 pm

personally, i dont find the square section lever a problem or uncomfortable in the least. i dont know of any aftermarket options but you have come to the right place. if there is one some member will know.
welcome to the forum.

no avatar
wastrel

Tue May 05, 2015 6:19 pm

personally I found the arm so uncomfortable it put me off buying one, in a previous job I worked in a small engineering machine shop, not sure of cost but they could`ve knocked out a better version of one in a jiffy (sort of) point is, if you like the rifle enough, take it to a small machining firm & get a price for a stiffer version, weight could be an issue right enough. worth bearing in mind (Julian?) a bulk order will reduce costs!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
oyster

Tue May 05, 2015 6:26 pm

I considered the task. I am sure it will not take too much effort. High grade alloy; rounded handle, or even radiused to match the contour of the stock? I have used the gun on loan, but after twenty minutes I was happy to switch to another. I suspect with a better lever, it would be a full session gun.
S400 MPR
S200T
DS Regal
HW77
HW77K
HW97K
BSA Goldstar SE
HW100

Timmytree

Tue May 05, 2015 7:27 pm

I've heard this before but I can't understand it, the end of the lever has rounded edges and a smooth section to grab hold of.

roadrunner

Tue May 05, 2015 8:35 pm

The lever is perfectly usable,it's the rifle i pick up if i want to shoot all day, instead of butchering the gun i would get a fingerless shooting glove

no avatar
wastrel

Tue May 05, 2015 10:21 pm

nope guys, the underlever feels flimsy (to some of us anyway) & the one I tried I`m sure flexed/twisted as I cocked it!
I`d deffo want a more comfortable cocking arm if I had one, the OP backs me up, or I`m backing him up, or something!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
air gun

Tue May 05, 2015 10:29 pm

ive never owned or shot a pro sport. but looking at both guns I like the look of the TX200 HC more. seems the pro sport is a bit more money so im not sure what gun shoots better. but there cant be much in it. :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

roadrunner

Wed May 06, 2015 7:25 am

The prosport takes all the best bits of a tx but has been taken a step further ie the hidden anti bear trap and under lever its AA saying this is what we can acheive, they shoot to pcp standard when mastered,its the gun i'll keep over my s400 just becouse its everything want

raygun

Wed May 06, 2015 9:13 am

Over the number of years produced there have been few problems with the PS underlever. The TX's also get rare problems with the underlever.

I think it can be very much a personal thing whether you get on with the PS underlever or not. I never found a problem with mine. I still prefer the TX200, but again that's down to personal preference.

There can't be any doubt that the PS has to be the nicest looking springer.

ATB
Ray.