ev2 finally at home!!

no avatar
woogie

Re: ev2 finally at home!!

Thu May 07, 2015 10:53 pm

Yah I just read through the manual again and it said 4.52 pellets, the ones I am shooting are 4.51. Well try and find some others, but will have to shoot them for now.

The falcon is awesome. Nice clear glass, the ranging is good. The only thing I don't like are the clicks, really wish they were more solid and not mushy. Over all out is a great looking scope. Give me some time and I will write up a nice review on her.

no avatar
air gun

Thu May 07, 2015 11:01 pm

woogie wrote:Yah I just read through the manual again and it said 4.52 pellets, the ones I am shooting are 4.51. Well try and find some others, but will have to shoot them for now.

The falcon is awesome. Nice clear glass, the ranging is good. The only thing I don't like are the clicks, really wish they were more solid and not mushy. Over all out is a great looking scope. Give me some time and I will write up a nice review on her.

good stuff mate. and on the pellet thing. ive been shooting mostly H&N FTT in my guns ( daystates). and I feel its a little squeeze at the end the load the pellets. but the other day I got some air arms in 4.52. and thay had no resistence at all to load. so maybe try the h&n. the gun might like the tight fit pellets.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
zippy

Sat May 09, 2015 1:34 am

woogie wrote:Yah I just read through the manual again and it said 4.52 pellets, the ones I am shooting are 4.51. Well try and find some others, but will have to shoot them for now.

You can cure the so called mushy turrets and have better audible clicks by removing the turrets from the scope and applying a silicone lube to the rubber 0.ring.

see video bellow. yes! this scope in the video bellow is a 4-14X44 however the same applies to you scope.

See video bellow this may help you mushy clicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6ee5q2bXc

Lovely setup mate, enjoy your new rifle and scope, Thanks for sharing the photos.... :D
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
woogie

Sun May 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Awesome....Well have to do that with my scope.

Well I am back home now and able to write up a short review. I found out that this stuff is much harder than I thought! I think I shot possibly a 10 or so ( only counting knocking down the targets... I had solid contact with every target ), so nothing to brag about but it was a blast none the less. The scope functioned flawlessly! Having never used the ranging function on a scope before. So with every target I would say the game and the guy I was teamed with wrote it down, then when he was up he check what his scope was showing ( he was using one of the new March 3.5-80 scopes ). Typically I was a yard or two different from him. So not to bad in my mind. I was shooting in the hunter class as I only had around 50 pellets through the rifle, so no messing with the zoom during the match. Though after shooting I was able to re-shoot a few lanes and play with the mag, and it was great for everything. Nice and clear and very easy to use. My shooting partner looked through the scope and mentioned that the scope was really nice for the price range. Not having any of my clicks set up I really wasn't able to test everything out, though I did play with the turrets during the practice session. Everything seemed spot on, and adjusted back to zero, again shooting partner was impressed about the quality and build.

Over all I really enjoy the scope, and had a blast shooting. Can't wait to find the barrel favorite pellet, and really get things down.

no avatar
woogie

Fri May 15, 2015 2:16 am

Ok guys I have removed my air stripper and notice that my barrel has a slight up curve to it. I am also having problems with the scope mounting. I am using a pair of sportsmatch adjustable rings, and have the windage about maxed out to the left. Really don't want to use my scope this far out, and would like to stay more centered.

Just curious if this is a common issue or not?

no avatar
air gun

Fri May 15, 2015 2:41 am

woogie wrote:Ok guys I have removed my air stripper and notice that my barrel has a slight up curve to it. I am also having problems with the scope mounting. I am using a pair of sportsmatch adjustable rings, and have the windage about maxed out to the left. Really don't want to use my scope this far out, and would like to stay more centered.

Just curious if this is a common issue or not?

im no expert mate. but no barrel should ever have a curve to it. :shock:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Raj

Fri May 15, 2015 5:36 am

You can shoot round corners !!!! Thats how they win in HFT. :ugeek:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
woogie

Fri May 15, 2015 12:23 pm

Lol..that us what I was thinking raj.

Now is the ev2 barrel in a thimble or is the transfer port through the barrel? May attempt to index the barrel or try straightening it if I can get the barrel removed.

no avatar
woogie

Sun May 17, 2015 3:38 am

Ok....looked at it and there isn't much that can be done. I attempted to measure the deflection, but was more a waste of time than anything. The one thing that I did so was find an adapter from Ronnie' s that is for another rifle,I ordered wrong. Finding that it did the barrel, so off to my lathe to build. Finished a suppressor for the end, as well as ordered an adapter to fit my rimfire suppressor on it as well.

Raj

Sun May 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Neat !!
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"