Un-molested TX's

no avatar
FPoole

Un-molested TX's

Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:41 am

Are there any left in the U.K.? I have been reading all the work done by guys over on the Airgunforum Co. U.K. and it's amazing. And the TX played a big part in this with it's ease of tinkering design. I've got to get the nerve to try some stuff on one of my guns. I still have to wonder when they'll run out of spare TX's to modify.

Stokie99

Re: Un-molested TX's

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi mate once you have opened one you get the bug spring guns are pretty straight forward pcps I find more challenging, my tx is 4weeks old from new and has new spring guide and top hat made from delrin instead of the original steel ones and a short stroke piston nose with a weihrauch piston seal instead of the air arms ,it's made an amazing difference with the fireing cycle
I ONLY SAID THAT FISH LOOKED GOOD ENOUGH FOR JEHOVAH!!!!

tx200hc 22,
Hw100 177,
Pro sport 177,
Bsa ultra se 177,

no avatar
zippy

Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:21 pm

I think we all would agree the TX200 is an incredibly-Accurate and one the best Air rifles ever made in all aspects of design, Build Quality and looks.

As for tuning, all my TX200's run on factory parts and they shoot amazing, outstanding accuracy.

HOWEVER,,, the factory Grease installed and applied inside all TX200'S from the factory is BIG problem and Air Arms have been told about this issue but refuse too address it.

So,,, as a new owner and buyer of any TX200 model from new even if it void's the Warranty of you new rifle, I strongly recommend you strip your rifle down and remove all the factory gunk/Grease form inside the action this Grease is dreadful stuff it is more like slime and gets thrown allover place inside the action onto place's which can and have caused dieseling and in a lot of cases the grease has gone in-front of the piston seal and caused the rifle to shoot over power.

The best tuning and is a absolute necessity to any new TX200 is to remove clean out the factory grease from inside the action, I strongly recommend you do this now!!!.

I highly recommend you re-grease your new or old TX200 with Bisley Gun Grease, you only need a lick of grease on the front parts of the rifle,,, applying a fair amount on the spring and guide.

See Bisley Gun Grease bellow link.
http://www.uttings.co.uk/p103783-bisley ... SWpOfnF-So
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
Phil B

Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:43 am

With the exception of oiling the stock and maintaining the exterior of the action mine, which was bought in 2013, is as it was out of the box.

no avatar
Roadworthy

Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:03 am

Unsure what is meant by "unmolested TX". Mine is not in UK (USA). It's a 2010 model and the factory lube was poor. I molested the lube by replacing it.

The stock retaining bracket was of inferior design and poor selection of metal. It broke during reassembly. I had a new one custom machined.

Later the cheap sintered cocking shoe broke into two pieces. I replaced it with a machined one from Air Rifle Headquarters.

I am still using the original spring and seal. So, has it been "molested"? I think I have only improved the functionality. It cocks much smoother now.