scopes and wearing glasses

Re: scopes and wearing glasses

Postby Big Dog » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:04 pm

I have both distance and reading glasses, (age I'm afraid is catching me up!!), I shoot without wearing either as I find that it's more comfortable without glasses on and the scope more than makes up for my shortsightedness.
Big Dog

Postby Archer50 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Big Dog wrote:I have both distance and reading glasses, (age I'm afraid is catching me up!!), I shoot without wearing either as I find that it's more comfortable without glasses on and the scope more than makes up for my shortsightedness.

I normally wear vari-focals but recently I've found it better to shoot with my glasses off (just while I'm actually looking down the scope). I still use single vision -0.75 dioptre glasses for pistol but frankly, using true open sights on a rifle is now pretty well impossible although I can just about manage dioptre sights provided there's plenty of light :geek:

Alan
Archer50

Postby nevada cowboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi Folks,

As promised here is the update on my spectacles.

I picked up my new bifocal glasses yesterday and they are a great improvement. I no longer struggle to get the correct sight picture as I did when wearing my varifocals. I put this down to the bifocals having a much bigger area of the lens dedicated to distance thereby reducing the amount of head movement to get a good sight picture. I have retained my varifocals for everyday use but will now use the bifocals solely for shooting. :D

Cheers

Bob
AA S400f .177, Brocock Bantam Hilite .177, Theoben Rapid Mk1 .177.
Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
nevada cowboy

Previous

Return to General airgun chat