Pellet help please.

no avatar
1963malc

Pellet help please.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:36 am

Mosquitoes, pellets, not the insects. I had many many tins of these when I was shooting HFT and the batch that I had were brilliant for the job. I've just checked supplies, twice, and I'm down to my last 20 pellets (2 weeks worth)! I think they were discontinued, weren't they?

I've realised that when I was well informed, there was a huge variation in consistency and precision, even between batches and actual sizes. I used to know enough to cut through to the chase but never really weighed or sized them.

Dean C. kindly gave me some Air Arms DF 4.5mm S1 00 (sorted and chosen JSBs?), 5 years ago but I've been using the Mosquitoes up first, thinking that I had plenty in the pellet pouch and a fullish tin somewhere (it's empty!). The pellet drop curve for them is hard wired into my head.

Can anyone with an S400, S410 please update me with what they use successfully please? Much appreciated.

I'm going to try the AA DF, but are they still available if I can get on with them? I'm considering having a bash at HFT again, but will get through a few tins learning. Thanks for your help.
I’ve sold all my air rifle bits to someone who would cherish them as much as I have. And I don’t think I mind.

Timmytree

Re: Pellet help please.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:59 am

Plenty of AADF around, probably one of the best pellets in use today. For something close to mozzies I would look at JSB Exact Express or AADF Express.
I haven't tried the AADF Express personally but they are gaining in popularity despite being a bit pricey.

no avatar
1963malc

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Timmytree wrote:Plenty of AADF around, probably one of the best pellets in use today. For something close to mozzies I would look at JSB Exact Express or AADF Express.
I haven't tried the AADF Express personally but they are gaining in popularity despite being a bit pricey.

Thanks Tim. I'll look the express up.
I’ve sold all my air rifle bits to someone who would cherish them as much as I have. And I don’t think I mind.

no avatar
Kev Todd

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 am

I might still have some mozzies ;)

no avatar
1963malc

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:27 am

Kev Todd wrote:I might still have some mozzies ;)

Aha! Let me know if you have please. :D