Ultimate Sporter

no avatar
ditchdangler

Ultimate Sporter

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Am considering, but before I commit to buying, just wondered on other owners thoughts, is it as good as Mr Doe says. I picked one up at a show last year, without making it fit it still felt good, problem is getting to shoot one before buying? Your thoughts please.

Geordie

Re: Ultimate Sporter

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:44 pm

ditchdangler wrote: is it as good as Mr Doe says.

Bound to be, aint they all :roll: :lol: :lol:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
border

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:52 pm

I've had mine about six weeks and to be honest I can't fault it.

raygun

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:32 pm

The mags only review rifles that are fully sorted.

If they get one that doesn't perform then they send it back to the manufacturers, saying what's wrong. This of course means that every rifle reviewed by the mags gets a glowing report :roll:

Well that's what I was told :lol:

ATB
Ray.

Blackbaronfish

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:59 pm

ditchdangler wrote:Am considering, but before I commit to buying, just wondered on other owners thoughts, is it as good as Mr Doe says. I picked one up at a show last year, without making it fit it still felt good, problem is getting to shoot one before buying? Your thoughts please.

Fill in your location, and maybe someone near you can let you try theirs :idea:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
ditchdangler

Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:25 pm

Thanks BBF, just did, we wait and see local gunshops say it's not possible, just don't see how I can spend that sort of money on a hope I will like what I have bought.

mikeygasbag

Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:42 am

ditchdangler wrote:Thanks BBF, just did, we wait and see local gunshops say it's not possible, just don't see how I can spend that sort of money on a hope I will like what I have bought.

Sometimes you just have to grab the bull by the horns.

Yes, I agree with you, it IS a lot of money should you not get on with your purchase. Maybe dealers should have an arrangement with manufacturers whereby a demonstration model is made available. Then again, as Ray has rightly said, the manufacturers would make certain that any demonstration rifle was well sorted before it was sent to the dealer, so you might not actually be shooting a standard production model.

I love my Ultimate Sporter. It replaced a very faithful and much loved Daystate Huntsman Midas, but I don't regret it for one minute. The Ultimate Sporter is all the gun I'll ever need for my hunting requirements.

Mike.
Founder member ~ Fort Airgun Club

Air Arms HFT500 .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD
Air Arms Ultimate Sporter .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD

no avatar
Friar Tuck

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:19 am

I bought myself one as an indulgent Christmas present - so glad I did! Fabulous piece of kit, which you can spend ages adjusting to fit yourself perfectly. Shoots superbly out of the box and is better than I ever will be. I still get a kick out of it every time I take it out of the bag...

My advice? Go for it! You know you want to.... ;)

no avatar
chevin

Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:35 am

Go for it you'll love it, a good looking accurate rifle.

no avatar
ditchdangler

Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Looks like I have to take the chance, nearly enough pennies saved, will give you my opinion once I have made the purchase. Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion, at least yours is not biased.

Alan