Scotland

Blackbaronfish

Scotland

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Heading for a week in Solway Scotland and was thinking of the license system you locals have. How has it panned out?. Are you up to date or still waiting for paperwork

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Scotland

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:15 pm

You be safe up there ray........ are you still planning on wearing your kilt ? And did you finally get around too shaving your legs,I'm not sure why too be honest I think its a little gay.
I know I promised not too mention it on here but its too good an opportunity to pass up :lol: :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:34 pm

I never kiss and tell Brian ;)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:I never kiss and tell Brian ;)

BBF

Phew :D thank god for that :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
Archer50

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Things are still much the same as I reported a couple of months ago: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4433&start=10#p33184

The first licences issued start to expire in February, which means those people who were unlucky enough to get the 13 and 14 month ones are already close to the time when, on current performance, they need to think about renewal. Police Scotland have said that they shouldn't re-apply until they get a reminder so we'll have to see how it goes. There is a strong rumour that there will be a lot more checking of detail, verifiers, permissions etc, for the renewals, but rumours are just rumours. I'm glad my licence still has over a year to run!

BTW, you do know that you need a visitor's permit if you want to bring your airgun over the border don't you, even if you don't intend to shoot it :roll:

Ceud mile failte

Alan

Blackbaronfish

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Archer50 wrote:Things are still much the same as I reported a couple of months ago: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4433&start=10#p33184

BTW, you do know that you need a visitor's permit if you want to bring your airgun over the border don't you, even if you don't intend to shoot it :roll:

Ceud mile failte

Alan

Yes I did know thanks.
I will be sight seeing only 8-)

BBF

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:20 pm

I didn't know that. I suppose they would have to.

no avatar
Archer50

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:36 am

One legitimate workaround if you want to bring your airgun into Scotland without a permit is to be met at the border by a mate with an Air Weapons Certificate. They can then legally transport and store the guns and so long as they accompany you, you can shoot wherever it is otherwise legal to do so. The same goes if your mate has a current SGC or FAC or is a RFD. Of course if you have an SGC, FAC or are an RFD, you are covered anyway.

Load of b****cks, but that's the way it is.

I wonder if your English airgun licenses will be valid in Scotland... :lol:

Alan