CZ barrel

no avatar
Roger5

CZ barrel

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Has anyone out there fitted a CZ barrel into an S510. I am looking for someone who can do this, I can strip and rebuild A/A rifles, but I am not an engineer, and don't have access to special tools, any info/help appreciated, just fed up with twiglet barrels and shrouds. Cheers Rog

gdavison

Re: CZ barrel

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:31 pm

Roger5 wrote:Has anyone out there fitted a CZ barrel into an S510. I am looking for someone who can do this, I can strip and rebuild A/A rifles, but I am not an engineer, and don't have access to special tools, any info/help appreciated, just fed up with twiglet barrels and shrouds. Cheers Rog

pulls up a chair and watches .. very interested too
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
Axelrod

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:43 pm

I have worked on a few new barrel s,but i am lucky to have a machine shop. I would suggest that you try to find a model engineering club somewhere in your area where machine work could be carried out by a member who may be not to far from you. Barrel machining is basic lathe work apart from the transfer port which can be done on a bench drill. I am sure will be someone willing to help. dave

Raj

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:58 pm

https://imageshack.com/i/pn9YiWAYj
It is a laser!
Courtesy Gnome of the Woods. 8-)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Roger5

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Raj wrote:https://imageshack.com/i/pn9YiWAYj
It is a laser!

Thanks Raj, have just sent him pm.Rog

no avatar
Roger5

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:16 am

Roger5 wrote:
Raj wrote:https://imageshack.com/i/pn9YiWAYj
It is a laser!

Thanks Raj, have just sent him pm.Rog

Paul ( Gnome of the woods ) came back and recommended Dave Welham Airmasters 88, tried to contact him, no joy, is he still doing work on airrifles , or should I be looking for someone else, all suggestions appreciated. Rog

no avatar
Archer50

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Roger5 wrote:Has anyone out there fitted a CZ barrel into an S510. I am looking for someone who can do this, I can strip and rebuild A/A rifles, but I am not an engineer, and don't have access to special tools, any info/help appreciated, just fed up with twiglet barrels and shrouds. Cheers Rog

Yes, why do AA persist with their flimsy bend-as-soon-as-look-at-them barrels? I could understand keeping them on an entry level/junior gun like the S200, but ironically that's the one which has a decent 15 mm job! They clearly have all the tooling etc to put a CZ barrel on the S400/500 platform (as in the MPR series), so why don't they at least offer it as an option?

I might even get around to asking them one day....

Alan :?

no avatar
Roger5

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Archer50 wrote:

Yes, why do AA persist with their flimsy bend-as-soon-as-look-at-them barrels? I could understand keeping them on an entry level/junior gun like the S200, but ironically that's the one which has a decent 15 mm job! They clearly have all the tooling etc to put a CZ barrel on the S400/500 platform (as in the MPR series), so why don't they at least offer it as an option?

Please do, if enough people had a word with them, they just might do it, as you say the S200,mpr ft and HFT500 all have decent barrels, so why not the others, Rog

no avatar
scrane

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Archer50 wrote:

It's not like AA puts a CZ barrel on any gun they make. CZ puts a CZ barrel on a CZ rifle.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Yes I assume my MPR has a Lothar Walther barrel (?)