Air-gun Licencing now for England.

no avatar
zippy

Air-gun Licencing now for England.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Evening Gents.
While listing to the radio this morning a topic pricked up my ears regarding the RSPCA are pushing a vote to have Airgun licencing for England and Wales. I believe there is a vote for people to sign to have all Airguns Licenced by the RSPCA.

The RSPCA claim they had a considerable amount of calls regarding Cats, Birds etc been shot with Airguns by irresponsible idiots that will indeed spoil it for all the law abiding air gunners. I absolutely hate animal cruelty of any kind but will this really stop the idiots.
Please see Links bellow.
http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2017- ... ays-rspca/

My view is, idiots and criminals will aways find access and possession of Guns, they don't care about the Law or any rules and have no remorse for their actions, even if they are arrested by the police they are back on they street in less than a few hours it is a joke.
The only people to suffer are law abiding Air-gunners.

As an example Cars on the road have Licensing to drive them, (I ask you,) does this stop the Idiots abusing them driving them with no! licence and no insurance ect including all the damage and deaths every year. way more problems with motor vehicle abuse than Airguns the Idiots spoil everything for good law binding people.

Your Thoughts Please. I truly believe we will have Licencing for Airguns in the next 3 years...
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Air-gun Licencing now for England.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:10 pm

The Scottish model would not be acceptable because I understand it outlaws plinking in your own garden. Any other reasonable licensing regime might be acceptable but I doubt there would be any parliamentary appetite before 2022.

gdavison

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Cat owner and as I am here by inference a Air Gun owner :)

The RSPCA call for "we are backing calls for stricter regulations around owning an airgun. This, along with better education and explanation of the law when buying an air gun, and requirements that everyone must receive basic safety training before being allowed to walk out of the shop could help relieve the problem"

Firstly concerning point "we are backing calls for stricter regulations around owning an airgun." There is enough legislation in place today, the issue is shooting of a domestic animal is so far down the "importance list" of the police, they have no time or resource to do anything. Licensing airguns does not change that.

"better education and explanation of the law when buying an air gun and requirements that everyone must receive basic safety training before being allowed to walk out of the shop could help relieve the problem" This is not a bad idea To be fair .. We do get some form of ID checked for age and address and the RFD makes a note of what we bought and who bought it, however no education. I propose the RFD is compensated by the RSPCA to deliver a short 10 mins "air rifles and the law" over view
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:32 am

The RFD I got mine from sent full details to the county constabulary.
When Scotland proposed the licensing I asked who would hold a licence for our club guns. Nobody knew, as such details would only emerge later. Does anyone in Scotland know how that works? This whole thing was vanity project so Salmond could get womens votes. The Home office already dismissed the need for it outside Scotland. But at some stage we will be governed by Labour and that is when emotion replaces common sense as it did in 1997 when .22 sport pistols got added to the ban.
The RSPCA also want warrants the same as police officers when even PCSOs dont have them. They should concentrate on their job. As soon as RSPB started campaigning against fracking I dropped support for them and told them why, and I encourage a similar response to RSPCA for their political interference.

no avatar
143granville

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:39 pm

the cats round here are hated by most of the gardeners .
not only do they not have cats but get all the crap .
but its the idiots that get us the bad name .
as for the rspca no way should they need a warrant .
best they look after animals not waste money on publicity .

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Bring back cat slugs? They used to bounce off.

2017-07-14-19-22-26-.jpg
2017-07-14-19-22-26-.jpg (5.82 KiB) Viewed 4143 times

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Or just buy a catapult... no pun intended :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
FPoole

Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Do you have many feral cats that roam about freely? They actually kill just about anything that moves, if they think they can handle it. License cats, and make sure they stay indoors is the better solution. Rural America was not a friendly place for the feral cat, but times are changing. I remember the old days when a cat just had no value at all, unless it was a barn cat that kept down the rats and mice.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Most of our UK cats are domestic. Its just they shit outside their territory.

no avatar
Hoggy57

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:21 pm

I've a feeling with Brexit being the main agenda topic .. "Air rifles" are way down the list of a troubled governments priority ...
Weihrauch HW100KT .177
Air Arms s200 .177
Brocock Compatto .22
Some Shotguns!