anyone have the ear of the olympic comission, I`ve an idea

no avatar
wastrel

anyone have the ear of the olympic comission, I`ve an idea

Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:56 pm

having a discussion with tenmeterpeter just now & had a lightbulb moment, why don`t we make Olympic shooters use springers, that `Dead` feeling that springer shooters complain about so often would be taken right out of the sport & (I think) make the whole thing a more interesting spectacle,
I posted on the old forum,- if springer manufacturers or springer tuners are trying to make springers behave as close to PCP`s as possible,- indeed, if THAT was the mark of a top quality springer, in which case all you springer users should just go out & buy an S200!! (THAT didn`t go down too well if memory serves!) but I stand by my query? just a thought!
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Bezzer

Re: anyone have the ear of the olympic comission, I`ve an id

Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:48 pm

The flaw in your idea is you are forgetting that Olympic as well as National and local target shooters all used to use recoiless springers. :mrgreen: The top guns were classed as recoiless and to all intents and purposes were - FWB300s for example. Using PCP guns is only a bit of an improvement there's all the other improvements they've made over the years, triggers, materials, electronics etc.