Altaros light weight cylinders.

no avatar
Fish

Altaros light weight cylinders.

Tue May 23, 2017 10:14 am

Having been persuaded by the masses that to sell my S200 would be foolish/sinful, I am now thinking of throwing even more money at it knowing I will never see a return on this investment. Has anyone had any experience of the Altaros light weight cylinders. I know about the regs and quickfills but have not heard any feedback about the cylinders at all.
I have promised myself that once I have looked into these, bought a Rowan trigger and new loading bolt I am not going to spend any more on her (I mean on it, I am not getting attached to this rifle). Any info gratefully received.

Thanks.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Altaros light weight cylinders.

Wed May 24, 2017 1:38 pm

It appears that nobody has fitted one of these cylinders, The S200 is a pretty lightweight rifle as it is, so probably not much call for a light cylinder, but as their Reg's and quick fills are ok, I doubt that these would be a bad buy, so again up to you. Rog

no avatar
Fish

Wed May 24, 2017 3:05 pm

Thanks Rog, I was only curious as I marked my cylinder trying to get it apart and the Altaros ones are only about £40 posted. May just refinish the one I have if no one has any experience of them though.

Raj

Wed May 24, 2017 10:16 pm

I covered mine with this .... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272557237723? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Added benefit, the thickness of the sheet provided perfect packing between the air tube and the barrel band, making the rifle feel more solid.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Fish

Thu May 25, 2017 7:10 am

Thanks Raj I might give that a try. Did you go for the mirrored chrome or velvet fur finish? I think I might stick with mat black myself. :D