Qtec or not?

no avatar
Fish

Qtec or not?

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Have always rated the HW mod but have an itch to try the Qtec. Do you knowledgable folk have any thoughts/opinions?

no avatar
Blackcat68

Re: Qtec or not?

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:40 pm

I have a mini qtech on my galahad and they are really quite.

no avatar
Fish

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:19 am

Thanks, I have a weihrauch silencer fitted on my S200 and the standard AA slip on fitted to my S410. The weihrauch is much quieter than the old AA one which is why I was wondering how the Qtec compared. I was hoping to get away from the slip on adaptors necessitated when fitting screw on silencers.

no avatar
retroruss

Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:51 pm

i have the old aa type on my early 400 and a qtec on the s400f the qtec is quieter for sure but its longer and heavier .

i can get you the dimensions and weight if needed ?

another option is mod an old type silencer
i bought a second hand early type opened it up using a hair dryer to loosen the locktight and unscrew the end and replaced the wadding with scotch pad and more than it had originally
this silencer is not far off as good as the qtec theres some youtube vids showing how to do this . cost me about £25 its slightly smaller and lighter than the qtec

ive heard theres no real difference between the qtec and hw silencer noise wise

no avatar
Fish

Mon May 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks for the information and suggestion on modding. I would consider modifying the existing silencer if it wasn't like new. I don't want to damage it and loose any value it might have, although I do like a diy challenge. Think I'll wait for now and see what comes up on the forums used.