Loughborough Airgun Club

Raj

Loughborough Airgun Club

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:00 am

Hi guys Can someone confirm if the airgun club on Little Moor Lane is still open? In the area and thinking of calling in today. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Re: Loughborough Airgun Club

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:05 pm

I didn't know they had one :?
Did you go Raj?

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Yes, Ray ... and received a warm welcome from Gary King. They are not open on Saturdays - only Sundays and Wednesdays .... but there were about 8 members and organizers getting the course ready for a shoot tomorrow. And since I had made the effort and arrived with my kit, I was allowed to have a go. There is a brilliant plinking range with more than enough targets and a covered shooting area with the obligatory wood burner and fire pit where sauages and beans were nicely warming on a fire. I was also shown the 30 target HFT course which looked very interesting indeed. I spent about 2 hours plinking and tried to pay but was told the first visit was complimentary and that I was fine to go ahead and have a good time at the range. Really nice location, people and courses. Plenty of space for camping but we would need to check if they allow that. I would recommend strongly that we consider for a future Meet. In the middle of Loughborough but only a few miles from the M1.

Here is a link -

https://compair.online/club-visit-lough ... rgun-club/
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:30 am

Sound good Raj. For years i would get away at the weekends to Barrow upon soar in Loughborough....untill the motorway cut it in half :evil: . It was a real gem and had lovely lakes.
I went back there last year and the site is so run down. The waters edge is filled up with boats and old ramble shacks :o .Such a real shame seeing it :oops:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started