CZ 200 for youth competition

no avatar
Ranb

CZ 200 for youth competition

Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:11 am

I cut down my CZ 200S to make it fit one of our ten year old shooters. She was able to use the rifle prone with a sling but the 13.8 inch length of pull was too much for use off hand. I cut it down about two inches and attached an Anschutz adjustable butt plate.

While our younger shooters can hold it better, the pistol grip area is still far too large for a small hand. It is about 3.5 inches from the front of the trigger to the rear of the pistol grip area, about the same as my Remington 700. I would like to cut away at the back and add material to the front of the pistol grip area to reduce the size down to something like 2.5 inches to enable a smaller hand to reach the trigger more readily while keeping the thumb in the proper position.

The problem is the hole drilled in the bottom for one of the action screws. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ranb

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: CZ 200 for youth competition

Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:06 pm

saw that on Target Talk. Awesome job so far! But to gain an inch with a pistol grip not much bigger that that will be tough. Its the weakest part of any target stock.
How about determining if the gun will function without the trigger guard (like the newer S400). That might open up the possibility of setting back the trigger or making a special shoe. Then you could add a straight trigger guard/ hand rest like my modified S400. ( https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfQcdFmJR8 ) All you would risk is the trigger shoe, no woodwork til you get it working, Just a thought, a lot of caveats like is the trigger guard part of the essential hardware (someone will say!)

Raj

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:58 pm

There are some female threads in the trigger guard (yes ... in sheet metal :roll: I know) that take the trigger weight screw. If you are getting rid of the trigger guard, you will need to somehow engineer somewhere for that screw to sit. Without the screw, the rifle does not cock.

I agree with TMP. Not much to remove from the grip section especially as it also has a hole through it for pulling the stock up to the action. You could take material off either side to allow little hands a better grip. i.e. make it flatter.

“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
wooyadeen

Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:36 am

Raj wrote:you will need to somehow engineer somewhere for that screw to sit

Firingmechanism_zps4c5805ef12.jpg
Firingmechanism_zps4c5805ef12.jpg (118.28 KiB) Viewed 2435 times

No need for engineering. There is a trigger guard screw (59) iso M4x6 (one which holds trigger guard). Just cut part of the trigger guard.