Field Target question

no avatar
AmBraCol

Field Target question

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:22 am

Hey guys, our national (Coffee Country) field target association is discussing the matter of magazines in Field Target. Some people are claiming that only single shots may be used, others claim that their Air Arms 510 is perfectly acceptable. None of us has ever traveled abroad for a shoot so we've no clue. Are repeaters allowed, or not? Any light shed on the subject is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

no avatar
wastrel

Re: Field Target question

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:37 pm

I can only answer in what is the rule in `Timed` shooting, you have a tin of pellets which you must shake to prove you haven`t `set up` the pellets, then, either you take single shots or, if you want to use a mag` the mag` must be left on the bench empty, then as the `Timer` starts, you are allowed to load the mag` & carry on, by which time, most other shooters will have fired 4 or 5 shots- advantage? you choose?
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:14 pm

Local clubs or associations may require you to remove magazines between lanes if removable.
When I did that in Cromer some years ago they said not to worry just dont cock it.
The official rules of BFTA are below and I havent found a magazine rule but rifles should not be "loaded" until in position ready to shoot so interpret that as you may.
https://www.thebfta.net/news/2016-competition-rules/

no avatar
gary martin

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:24 pm

you are generally required to remove a magazine between lanes if your rifle has one. a magazine in place is regarded as a loaded weapon.

no avatar
AmBraCol

Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:34 pm

Thanks, guys. I greatly appreciate the input.