Non attenders

james79

Re: Non attenders

Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:32 am

I've not frequented this lovely forum much lately due to other commitments (new son, new hobbies, new painkillers, trying to finish building my house etc :? ) but I still intended attempting to eventually make it to a meet this year. There is however one slight hitch, you've managed to pick the nearest weekend to my wedding anniversary and I suspect my better half may be reluctant to give me a weekend pass (bunny hugging, gun loathing dear that she is :? ) maybe next year hey? :(
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool

no avatar
Aitch

Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:34 am

Unfit to travel, sorry.
Regards
Aitch

Blackbaronfish

Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:58 am

Hey guys for the record I'm not having a pop at anyone not wanting to go attend a meet. I'm looking at how many would have gone if they could.
A lot of time and effort goes into these meets, but if nobody wants them then we need to know.
There has been a meet every year since we started and its a shame that its getting such low numbers.

We have had a few saying that it needs a HFT course but at the end of the day its a social gathering...a long lost art.
If you cant attend a meet please let me know the reasons

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
tworods

Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Sorry I wont be there as I have tickets for the Northern Shooting Show. Not been on this forum for long so didn't know about the meet.

no avatar
Kev Todd

Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:46 pm

My guess would be that people whom have attended the last few meets will have evaluated them. The numbers attending the subsequent meets are therefore a reflection of their findings.

Like I said, I'm only guessing.........

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:55 pm

I guess its because we have no where near the amount of active members the aaoc used too have so the numbers attending the meets have dropped.
This is not the aaoc of old, this is the aaoc of today and after the problems with the site crashing and us losing a lot of the history of the old aaoc it will take a while too build up the active members again.
I also think rather than moan about the amount of members turning upto the meets we should do our best too encourage members too attend.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Blackbaronfish

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Kev Todd wrote:My guess would be that people whom have attended the last few meets will have evaluated them. The numbers attending the subsequent meets are therefore a reflection of their findings.

Like I said, I'm only guessing.........

Most of the time folk are baby sitting you because you can't handle your drink. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Raj

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Sarah, Debbie, Paul and I did try our best to reduce his intake last year, Ray ... I am sorry , I cant remember how that worked out ... too drunk :oops: :lol:

C'mon guys, it is a big laugh ... just come along and have a good time 8-)

It is true that numbers have reduced and it is difficult and expensive to carry it off with fewer heads. It is up to us to pull together, attend and make the best of it. The better the stories and memories coming out of it, the more well attended the next Meet will be,
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Kev Todd

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Most of the time folk are baby sitting you because you can't handle your drink. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, I did drink a lot at the Nelson meet though! :oops:

Still came second in the first comp though! :P

Raj

Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:10 pm

That you did .... and got Malc1963's gun safe from his house on to my people carrier while you were at it 8-) 8-) 8-)
Thanks, mate :) I still cant remove the "Penny for the Guy" image out of my head !!! :lol: Damn the collapse of the old forum ... we have lost so much history :(
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"