putting a sling on with out drilling and its all free

eddie666

putting a sling on with out drilling and its all free

Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:54 pm

if you have a new rifle and want to put a sling on BUT do not want to drill the stock or its a under leaver , look at this i have done for my rifles,
things you will need ,
1 blow torch 2 nail in a bit of wood with the nails head cut off and made in to a point or a small thin pozzy drive screw driver,
3 a boot lice 4 an old cycle inner tube 5 dog brush or wire brush .

you do not need a sling , as you have one on your rifle bag ,

use the hot nail to push through one of the holes on the rubber but plate ideally a hole just above the fixing screw and close to the wooden stock . then push the shoe lace through and tie a knot and pull it tight so the loop cannot move back around the but end, then tie another knot about 20mm away from the first knot then cut of the wast ends leaving about 2 inches , use your brush to make the ends like tassels . you may find that there is a fine weave inside the lace, if so slide the outer back and cut off the inner section , then brush , start at the tips and work back until its a nice tassel. your back loop is now finished ,

now the barrel end make sure its clean of oil , cut a 2 inch section of the inner tube , wipe it off, turn half inside out ( the inside is now , on the inside and out side ) place next to your barrel , if you are right handed have the lace coming off to the left of the riffle just out of line of the cocking arm,
put the lace as a loop through the tube then put the loop over the barrel so the first pull together is away from the stock, pull hard until the rubber is covering the lace , now keep pulling and put a knot in the lower end keep pulling so all the rubber is covering back on to its self , now about 20mm down the lace put another knot and cut off 2 inch long to fray to make a tassel like the back. now you have your front clip ,

now take your strap off you gun bag , put it on you riffle using the loops you have made on your tassels , put the shoulder pad at the front end as this is nice for the back of your hand , if you have not got a strap on your gun bag or its a fixed strap . look on a sports bag etc , as now you can clip any thing on as a sling , i find the plastic swivel types best but any will do,
i know the strap on my bag is a different colour , as i have that strap on my pro sport,

AND YOU CAN TAKE IT OFF AND USE IT ON YOUR BAG FOR ON THE WAY TO THE RANGE THEN PUT IT ON YOUR RIFFLE
ALSO TAKE ALL OFF AND NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW YOU HAD A SLING ON YOUR RIFLE,
Last edited by eddie666 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgv comp ultra 1.77 2014
walther lgu .22 2014

Timmytree

Re: putting a sling on with out drilling and its all free

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Not bad at all!
Sadly the gas isn't good for the brain, it makes you put an extra "F" in rifle! :lol:

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:42 pm

good idea :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

eddie666

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:55 pm

its the spell checker on my computer must be in partnership with my sat nav , it makes it up and tells you any thingggg .
( see what i mean )
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgu .22 2014

no avatar
Phil B

Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Timmytree wrote:Not bad at all!
Sadly the gas isn't good for the brain, it makes you put an extra "F" in rifle! :lol:
And you can get powder for boot LICE

Blackbaronfish

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Great stuff 8-) . You could also place a piece of folded leather between the stock and but pad to make a loop :idea: ,then you wont need to make any holes.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

eddie666

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:49 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Great stuff 8-) . You could also place a piece of folded leather between the stock and but pad to make a loop :idea: ,then you wont need to make any holes.

BBF

i thought of that but unless you trim a bit of rubber out of the pad , it would leave a bit of a gap or lump also this way you do not have to remove or disturb the pad , and if you cut off the lace no one would know there is a hole in the but plat.
i think the tassels give it give a look like a cowboy rifle,

i find this way better for me as i only now and then use a sling for standing stability , the tube on the barrel holds in place very well , the more you pull up on the sling it will pull the tube from the bottom edge and hold tighter on the barrel as it tries to move over its self , so far its not moved its position.
ive also put one on my pro sport and lgu , but now i am running out of straps as two of my gun bags are fixed straps, but ive got my eye on my sons sports bag strap, ( he could use the handles instead ) he will have to if he can not find the strap !!!!
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgu .22 2014

Blackbaronfish

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:57 pm

but now i am running out of straps as two of my gun bags are fixed straps, but ive got my eye on my sons sports bag strap, ( he could use the handles instead ) he will have to if he can not find the strap !!!![/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
beretta686

Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Where did the images go?