new old S400 and history and evolution questions

no avatar
retroruss

new old S400 and history and evolution questions

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Hi

After having a few troubles with my brand new S400F recently and been on a bit of a downer about it
i was thinking about how good my old 400 was that i had 12 years ago and was wishing id never sold it :cry:

so I’ve been looking around for an older anti tamper 400 for a few weeks and managed to get one off a friend who bought it new
around the same time as i got mine he's had it stashed away all this time .
its the same year as my old one a 2004 S400 Classic .177 cal its in mint condition looks like brand new and only had half a tin of pellets through it
talk about time warp. i went straight to the range with it and man the smile it put on my face it felt and shot just as i remember mine did
it took me right back ,it was a very pleasant experience and has rejuvenated my enthusiasm for the hobby :D :D :D happy days :D :D :D

later on it made me think if the S400F had been perfect would it have given me the same pleasure i guess we'll never know but
i think not , anyway having had the problems and bad feelings with that gun it did put me on that mission to find that older model S400.

so having looked at a fair few adverts for s400's and seeing a few in the second hand section of gun shops
i notice 3 variations of the 400 the type with no white paint in the lettering i would guess is the first type ?
the second type still anti tamper, breech bolts from the top but has different style white lettering on the breech block
and the newer anti tamper F type.
are there any other types of 400/410 classic and carbine ?

does anyone know what years these came out and how long each one ran for
and what changes were made ?
are they known as mk1's mk2's etc or series 1,2,3 or aren’t they old enough yet :) ?

Cheers
Russ

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: new old S400 and history and evolution questions

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Have a look in the tech section I think its page 7....heading,the history of aa guns
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
retroruss

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:50 pm

eboswan wrote:Have a look in the tech section I think its page 7....heading,the history of aa guns

Thanks will do

gdavison

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:53 am

http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2661

interesting read - thanks to all who contributed to that thread
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT