Mason

Re: What the Hell .....

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Pictures?

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:15 am

As an item with an inherent fault, possibly fraudulent, I would also insist on a new gun.

Yes pic would be good.

no avatar
Archer50

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:12 am

After the first 30 days until the end of 6 months, the retailer has a right to one attempt at a repair, or if that is not possible in a reasonable time or at a reasonable cost to the retailer (neither defined in law) to make one replacement. If the repair or replacement fail, then you are entitled to a full refund with no deductions for use, wear and tear, postage or anything else. The Consumer Rights Act (2015) is pretty straightforward, but it's not quite as simple as 'insist on your money back'.

I hope things go smoothly, but again I suggest speaking to Citizens Advice if you have a problem - and speaking to them before you put anything in writing or make any statement that could cause difficulties later. They are the only organisation accessible by everyone which is authorised by the government to give this sort of advice.

Alan

no avatar
tubstar747

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Ok , after e mailing the dealer and Air Arms, both say to send it back to Air Arms for inspection.
As the law states they have a right to attempt a repair this is exactly what I am going to do, after all I love this gun and just want it back working as it should.
The dealer has said they will return it for me so that should save me the postage charges,which is a good start!!
So its out with the bubble wrap and cardboard box.
Fingers crossed, watch this space. :?
S400F Classic .177

no avatar
tubstar747

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:05 pm

It's back.!!!
After what seem's a lifetime I've got her back and all looks good.
The mounting block for the gauge has been replaced and a new gauge fitted,the missing bolt is now in place and best of all it's holding it's charge of air.
Since getting it back I have shot about 200 pellets to give it a good test and all seems well.
I would like to thank all of you that offered advise and guidance on this matter and am glad to be able to say that we seem to have a happy ending. :D
Also, a big thank you to Air Arms for your customer service, my confidence in you has been restored and I can now enjoy my S400 to the max :P
S400F Classic .177

no avatar
granville

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:52 pm

name the gun shop .
was one in Warwickshire had for selling second hand as new .

Blackbaronfish

Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Glad it's all sorted. I had no doubt AA would sort it 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started