Rowan single shot loader

no avatar
davyboy30

Rowan single shot loader

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:39 pm

I dare say that this topic has been discussed before now, but does anyone know of any problems with using a Rowan single shot loader in the AA multi shot rifles? and in particular, the S510. I have heard that prolonged use of these loaders causes damage to the action, i.e. Springs breaking. Is there any truth in this? And can it be overcome.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Rowan single shot loader

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:48 pm

davyboy30 wrote:I dare say that this topic has been discussed before now, but does anyone know of any problems with using a Rowan single shot loader in the AA multi shot rifles? and in particular, the S510. I have heard that prolonged use of these loaders causes damage to the action, i.e. Springs breaking. Is there any truth in this? And can it be overcome.

Myself and other members use these, and up till now I know of no problems, it's true the spring doesn't look up to much but I haven't seen one break yet. Rog

gdavison

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:52 pm

davyboy30 wrote:I dare say that this topic has been discussed before now, but does anyone know of any problems with using a Rowan single shot loader in the AA multi shot rifles? and in particular, the S510. I have heard that prolonged use of these loaders causes damage to the action, i.e. Springs breaking. Is there any truth in this? And can it be overcome.

first time I used mine I ended up bending the indexing spring every so slightly, such then when going back to a magazine on indexing the action would push out the magazine. Once I realised what had happened I was able to bend it back by eye and Magazine was ok. TBH I need to try again to decide if it was user error or a expected issuse. Did make me decide my spares kit should have a few spare indexing posts in it as they cost so little and are so simple to replace
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
Falconhoof

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Had the very same happen to me