some help in the trouser dept needed guys!!

no avatar
wastrel

some help in the trouser dept needed guys!!

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 pm

NO :roll: Not there
here:- now you`ll all know me `n the gaffer enjoy a walk now & then, thing is, I don`t have any dedicated walking trousers, a trip to Go Outdoors yesterday was well, a bit underwhelming TBO, loads of `fast drying? & water repellent!! & overtrousers (at £70 for some-YMBJ) I eventually left with a pair of Craghoppers, kinda chino style which is fine cos that`s what I wear mostly, thing is, at £20 quid (discounted from 60 or I`d never have touched them), & I also had to buy a waterproofing solution `Grangers Clothing Repel` which needs to be `washed in` which, I suppose means it`ll wash out too, so, not ideal, yeah I`ve googled it but, aside from the usual FLOOD of offers, & the fact I can`t try them on, it`s peoples experience I trust & none more than the good folks on this forum.
my only stipulation is waterproof-so, what do the hunters out there wear as I assume your outdoor trousers would suit a good outdoor walk, I`m not bothered by style really, cos I`m looking for dedicated walking trousers, some of the two tone ones I see online look the business but with no idea what I`m actually buying, Hmm, AAOC methinks- I`d like to avoid cammo but I`ll relent for a decent recommendation, & if under a ton, or as close to as poss` that`d suit me fine.
thanks in advance to anyone helping me out here.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
granville

Re: some help in the trouser dept needed guys!!

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:27 pm

I use deerhunter montana I got them "£3o on ebay lined warm and water proof .
the liner can be removed for summer use .
also have a look at bushwear in stirling have a wide range of kit for out doors .

no avatar
gary martin

Re: some help in the trouser dept needed guys!!

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Si, if you want waterproof/breathable, I totally recommend Paramo. If you look on ebay, you can get seconds, which are just the ones with a few Threads showing under the ton. You will never find a waterproof garment to match. They breath well in all conditions, if you tear them you just sew them up, they are still w/proof. The breathability is exceptional, total comfort.