intro + barrel crown

no avatar
RGJ

intro + barrel crown

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Hi all
Just getting back into airguns and today bought a hardly used a s410
Thing is I took the mod off to give the barrel a pull through and noticed there is no crown, it's not a sharp edge but not the usual chamfer is this normal.
The bolt is quite hard to pull fully back but I hope this will loosen up a bit, inside the barrel is still blued or whatever it's finished with so I don''t think it's been shot much.
Looking forward to shooting it tomorrow I'm sure I'll have more questions to follow.

Rob

Blackbaronfish

Re: intro + barrel crown

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:47 pm

Welcome to the AAOC

I would test it out before you do anything. i have seen some that weren't chamfered and they behaved just dandy. 8-)
Also you need to grip the bolt as near to the shaft as with your thumb and the other fingers on the handle. This will make it a lot easier to cock.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
RGJ

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:08 pm

Thanks for the advice nice to know some came like that
When I saw the muzzle had no crown and the gun hadn't been shot much I began to think I'd bought a duffer but I'll see how it shoots tomorrow and take it from there
Thanks
Rob

no avatar
RGJ

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Ok the gun seems to shoot fine and I've got the knack of pulling the bolt back but need to move the scope back to shorten eye relief
thing is there is what looks like a little roll pin on top of the dovetail stopping me moving the front mount back can this pin be removed
sorry to be asking so many questions

Rob

Blackbaronfish

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 pm

You ask as many questions as you like. The roll pin can be removed,but make sure you dont foul the magazine.
Happy shooting

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started